Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am very very new this community and I have a very very old 2005 ford focus hatchback. I love it. It's my first car and I have never driven anything else. It is giving me a lot of problems and my mechanic believes the issue is with the computer and will make it not worth to save. I thought I would try here and explain some of my problems first and see if anyone else has had something similar happen to their ford. Here are some of the issues I have had with my ford focus:

1) it very rarely but also very suddenly will conpletely stall and stop moving on the road. My wheel freezes, the car starts to shake and slowly comes to a stop no matter how I press on the gas. When this happens, the clock changes, my cd player starts changing discs repeatedly and every das board light comes on.

2) the gas gauge will stay at F or above F until it drops slightly below F at which point I know I have about 1/2 a tank to 1/4 tank left

3) As of recently, sometimes but not all the time- as I accelerate the gas peddle will shake and one of my dashboard lights that is red on the right will periodically blink one time every few minutes. Shortly after I began having this problem, my check engine light came on.

2 of my coils/cylinders (I think!) Were recently replaced by my mechanic and he's looked at it a few times before. I was hoping anyone else could tell me if they have had these problems and managed to save their car 😭😭😭 forgive me if this is not the right place to post this! I know literally nothing about cars

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would trade in the 2005 on a MK2 Focus. I recently bought a 2011 with every option, leather interior, and 90,000 miles for $5,000. There some great deals on these MK2 since the MK3 transmissions are causing so much drama in the used car marketplace. I spoke to a dealer who had 3 2010 Focus on his lot... When I asked him about the MK3 he said under no circumstance would he ever try and sell a MK 3 with the automatic transmission.

With a 2005 you are probably right at the 220,000 mile mark. Unless you start to perform all the repairs yourself the mechanic bills will kill you. Get a used Focus with 100,000 miles and drive the wheels off of it for another 100,000 miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts