Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i went to the Ford dealership to get something fixed in my car they said that the blue headlights can melt my wires now is that true? I asked some people that I know and they said it wasnt true I dont think it is but i just wanna make sure!

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
if the wattage (sp) of the bulbs are more than 55W they could...so try to stay arround 55w ratio !

JOel

·
Registered
74 Posts
actually Ford would have to physically prove that the head light bulbs melted the wires. Other things can have an impact on it. If you happened to have melted head light wires, and they said it caused it , ask them to prove it. Then you can feel stupid after the come up with some BS answer

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
blue bulbs, no, the color or a tint of a bulb has no effect on your wires getting melted. The power output does. If you use bulbs that are rated very high, you'll usually end up melting your harness down the line. I'm using 70/100 h4 bulbs and i've been fine.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Same thing i use some thing that high and nothign has happend it was a problem with the earlier foci. If your car is pre-02 might happen anyway, happened to my friedn with regular bulbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts