Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked but everyone has different mods so it varies. My mods are listed in my profile. With that being said will I benefit from a larger MAF tube now that I have a Cosi-knockoff, larger tb, header etc. or will I just be wasting time? I am also saving up to do stg2 cams and upgraded valvetrain down the road however was thinking of doing the MAF tube next. Any input would be appreciated thanks in advance.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
List all your engine mods , is it tuned , when you do cams are you going to add the 2.3 head and surface it for higher compression

Tom
Yep, currently enjoying your tune Tom. [driving]

Mods: Spectre short ram intake, OBX Header and Downpipe, Focus Central 67mm TB, HKS 2.36" catback, Autolite AR103s @ .055 gap, AEM UEGO, Cosi-knockoff, 180* T-stat, Focus-Power Tune

I was just going to run the current 2.0 head I have though I am still on the wall about it. Just basically my "fun" daily driver so I don't wanna go too far. If the MAF tube is worth doing I will pick up one tomorrow and send you datalogs, however for the cams and upgraded valvetrain I have a ways to go for saving up for those items; so those will be for much later down the road.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I would say wait till you get the cams and then think about larger maf , if all your piping to the TB isnt 3 inch the larger MAF wont help

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts