Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a friend have been having an argument do you guys think it is possible to get 200whp ALL MOTOR on a ATX ZX5 with a Zetec motor if so wat do u think would be needed for thiS?

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
yes...
-radical head
-stroker kit
-lentech

no, i havent seen it done..but thats because noone spends the time/money on a setup like this

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Yes, but it will NOT be streetable and it would be cheaper to go FI and make more power and have a driveable car.

We have a few members over 170 NA and they cars were very temperimental

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
is that in a dragster? what is it attached to

·
Registered
750 Posts
No kidding, what is that and what tranny? I do know 200whp is possible, plus Focus Central did it in their drag car. Its in the "High Performance Focus" book. By the way, I think everyone should own a copy of that book

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
fokuzx3 said:
is that in a dragster? what is it attached to
I'm thinking its a Caterham Zetec...or maybe a MD with a Zetec.

[edit]

I followed the image link, and turns out its a 60s/70s Euro Lotus with a Zetec conversion.

Jborden said:
No kidding, what is that and what tranny? I do know 200whp is possible, plus Focus Central did it in their drag car. Its in the "High Performance Focus" book. By the way, I think everyone should own a copy of that book
Only the FC track car had to be towed to the line and couldn't do anything but race...like viney said, anything that high N/A is not streetable.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
yea i found that quite humerous when wayne told me it only made it to the end of the track and had to be turned off...the thing had a stock block so that is understandable...they had another focus on that site that was putting 189 to the wheels and running 14.3s, thats pretty respectable

·
Registered
270 Posts
Jborden said:
I have those books in stock if you are interested.

Tony D

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Talk to Steeda if you really want to do this. They built a zetec with 220 whp for their racing bumble bee car which is made to compete in road courses and was coming in 7th weighing in at more than 500 lbs more than any other purpose built race car out there (they used a 2000 zx3 chasis).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts