·
Registered
930 Posts
anything is possible

SVT is better for twisties tho

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
spend 40 grand and yes a turbo or supercharger will get you there quick.

Natural Aspiration well you could easily obtain 14's with bolt ons but for high 13's you are looking at a lot of weight reduction.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
not 40g, i would say 10 max

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yes with some $ invested the SVT will get down in to the 13's. Mine will probably do high 13's with the Powerworks kit if driven perfectly. The JRSC is cheaper and can also get you in the very high 13's with supporting mods.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
spend 40 grand and yes a turbo or supercharger will get you there quick.

Natural Aspiration well you could easily obtain 14's with bolt ons but for high 13's you are looking at a lot of weight reduction.
Agreed. You're looking to save weight in every area of the car possible. NA is quite costly when trying to achieve a good hp per dollar ratio. Figure in a good engine rebuild, replacing the 6 speed tranny with a standard Zetec 5-speed or automatic and a good stand alone management system with probably get you into the 13 sec realm.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
to break into the 13's, you would need to drop about 800 lbs or so, and have a high compression engine, say 13:1 or so, lsd, stage 4 or 5 custom cams, be pegging 9k on the tach, a ton of headwork etcetera. not worth it!!! just go FI!! unless u make 1,xxx,xxx a year!! haha

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
ok how and why will the mtx-75 from a zetec not fit? it should same danmed engine in general. i mean they are both zetecs right? i know the six speed will not fit a duratec tho because the bell housing is non removable but a mtx-75 should fit with a standered zetec bell housing. i just dont know what clutch would work svt or zetec?

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
lol i did not mean 40 i meant 4g's to supercharge

1 - 15 of 15 Posts