Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone my 06 zx3 se doesnt have a tach so if i bought a tachdomter could i hook it up to read my rpms cause i hate not nowing where im at!

p.s sorry if this is the wrong spot i just wanted to ask here cause its a duratec motor didnt know if that would change anything!

·
Registered
93 Posts
from what i have read, you have to pick up and wire in one of the ford racing tach drivers. because coils and distributors in the conventional sense have fallen by the wayside, it takes newfangled technology to pick up a signal for the tach.

lucas.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
if you need help let me know, i haven't messed with duratechs. but i've touched almost every electrical component of a focus

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
there should be a wire behind the guage cluster that you can tap into to get the signal. You may need a wiring diagram tho.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
there should be a wire behind the guage cluster that you can tap into to get the signal. You may need a wiring diagram tho.
won't work, you need an 8cyl tach and a Ford Racing TachDriver

use the PCV taps onto the crank sensor wires, and vawula tach :)

or you can tap off the camshaft and use it in 4cyl mode :p but the crank sensor reads very very accurate, it is more accurate than the stock tach in my car, i compared the crank tach, stock tach , and tach on my scanner and the tach that is off the crank is about 75-100 rpm more accurate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts