Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything coming out for the 05+ foci is geared towards a 2.3 litre? I'm getting a little discouraged when it comes to my 2.0 now :( Maybe I'll buy a 2.3 motor and swap it? How much would that cost?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Most are I suppose, but most will also fit the 2.0L....actually, everything CAN fit the d20, but it just takes a little doing in a few rare cases (cosworth intake manifold, some flywheels). I've been having good luck with my stuff so far. Intake + exhaust on my car =128hp/126tq to the wheels.

I have a few other things underway, so don't be shock if my next dyno shows to be 140-145hp/135-140tq to the wheels. I'm treacherously close to 14s as it is now (don't let the best time fool you), so in about two weeks we will see some 14s pretty easily.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have a CAI for my car, which was labeled as a 2.3; I do know most of the 2.3 mods fit the 2.0, and you're right, the ones that don't just take a little tweaking to fit, but am I wasting my time modding a 2.0? The 2.3 seems way more responsive...

I know, I could just buy a new car, but I've test driven a Scion tC, Celica GT, Eclipse something or other (a fast one), and a Mustang GT; everything besides the Mustang was... strange, in comparison to my focus. I really enjoy driving my car and don't want to get rid of it...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
coleslaw said:
am I wasting my time modding a 2.0? ... I really enjoy driving my car and don't want to get rid of it...
Don't!

Even though I own a 2.3, and unless you have a lot of money to burn on a car (vehicles are the biggest $$ losses there are), stick with your car and see if more parts come out.

How about getting an Xcal flasher? With an intake and an exhaust already, I'm sure a flash would easily net you another 8-10 hp (but if you are just about ready to do some more mods, wait until AFTER you have done them first - then get a flash to correspond to those new mods).

·
Registered
930 Posts
Okay, between the intake, exhaust, and suspension setup I have now, I should run an ultra low 15. My current time is a granny 2700rpm launch. I can now leave at 5000rpm, with no trouble. The 2.0 is a good engine anyway.

I'll be really surprised if I don't hit 14s the next time I go to the track. I haven't done that much. Turbo and nitrous are on the way, I would like to get it done by the end of the summer, but it may stretch into the fall.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Your doing a turbo too... damnit I wanna turbo... I even have the mula put away just want my engine to last.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Well, the turbo is part of my greater duratec development project...lol...there are a few things I'm going to build first. Prolly about august I'll actually make my manifold and pick up a turbo. For now I'm focusing on NA power. Then I'm playing with nitrous. Then turbo. Then turbo AND nitrous (I figure a little 35hp shot should wake up a slightly larger than gt28r turbo on the bottom end..muhahaha).

14s NA, 13s nitrous, 12s turbo, 11s both. It will happen in that order or faster, hell, I might surprise myself..lol.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think a lot of the duratec owners are thinking about turbos, sharon, I know I am. If you saw one of my posts about this winter, I'd have enough money to buy 3 of them, but right now there are other things that money should go to, such as a car loan, etc. All in due time :)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
netdrgoon said:
Okay, between the intake, exhaust, and suspension setup I have now, I should run an ultra low 15. My current time is a granny 2700rpm launch. I can now leave at 5000rpm, with no trouble. The 2.0 is a good engine anyway.

I'll be really surprised if I don't hit 14s the next time I go to the track. I haven't done that much. Turbo and nitrous are on the way, I would like to get it done by the end of the summer, but it may stretch into the fall.
i don't have a mtx but isn't launching at 5000 a little high? I am pretty sure that i read that 2700 rpm is an ideal launch due to less wheelspin. Christ even in my atx i can chirp the tires without launching at all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts