Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 2 12" MTX Terminators(in a ported box) and a 500w amp that I want to put in my 05(stock 6 disc cd changer/player). I know I need to buy the wiring kit, but I don't even know where to begin on installing this stuff...... Is there a guide or something that is easy to follow? Any pointers that you guys can give would be greatly appreciated as well.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i have my sub and enclosure all built for my 05 zx3... i ran the wires a few weeks ago and i think the best way to get them from the front to back is if you take the drivers seat out, pop the trim piece on the floor and pull the carpet back a bit there is a clearish case that all the other wieres are run in, i ran mine through that and sealed it all back up, looks clean cant tell at all anythings run throught... from there i just had to feed it back to someone in the back for the car so its where i want it... not to dificult.. hardest part was finding where to run the wires from the bront bay into the car.. as far as hooking it all up to the stock.. im not going to im ganna get a new HU and go from there.. hope i helped a little

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
as far as wiring it up it's pretty easy. i never did it before and i did it without directions. the only thing that i needed to find was the remote wire in the back of the headunit. basically you just run the power wire from the battery to the amp whichever way you want to through the car. splice into the remote wire in the headunit and run it to the amp. them run your speaker wires from your speaker to you amp and you're done. i have a mtx 12 myself. i haven't had it in the car for a long time but i think i might hook it back up tho. all i need is a new wiring kit. the only thing with me is that i am going to wire a switch to be able to turn the amp on and off cuz i don't ALWAYS want to have a subs bumping for every song i listen to ya know. lol but have fun with em and if you need any more help let us know

MIKE

·
Registered
739 Posts
yeah man, it's easy as pie to wire in the 05 focus. I had an mtx 12 and an amp(with remote, the only way to go) and installed it and the CD player myself in about an hour.
I ran the power wire under the car. there are plenty of open holes in the frame rails, and then you just poke a hole in the drain plug in the spare tire well, and BAM easy power wire. For the RCA and remote power wire, jjust go from the headunit, under the driver's side dash, then under the carpet, under the backseat, and waalaa!

Also... always cut the cable a little long, just in case. And enjoy the sound in your focus...cause I miss my focus....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts