Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I've noticed trying to run all my tests on the MFT system is, I cannot seem to get it to Master Reset properly.

What I mean is, I originally paired my phone with MFT when I first got the car. It took on the name I originally had on the phone.

Since then I have master resetted BOTH my phone and MFT and have a new name... However, under Phone it lists the new name of the phone... BUT when I play audio through bluetooth, it still lists the original name that no longer exists. This remains even after Master Reset of BOTH MFT and my phone...

So it also makes me wonder if my bluetooth issues when playing BT audio from my phone, could be that the MFT system is not really deleting all data when I do a Master Reset?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm it is worse than I thought, it doesn't reset anything. All my info is present... all my stations are saved and phone is still paired after running it again just now.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
if we can agree to be civil here, I will say that even on my MFT system without all your issues present, I too have the old name under my audio section, but the new name under my phone section.

·
Registered
54 Posts
From what I've read in the manual (read after the fact) there appear to be 2 different master resets and now I don't remember which one I used.

One is Phone/ System Settings / Advanced / Master Reset
The other is AUX / System Settings / Advanced / Master Reset

And I don't know if they both just do the same thing but located in 2 different areas.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked about this issue to Customer Care over the phone today... apparently this is normal for Ford's "Master Reset (including Factory Defaults as stated in the prompt before executing)".

I have a feeling this is just like the Power button that was not supposed to keep a system off A.K.A. "a bug but lets pretend that it is a feature".

·
Registered
781 Posts
hmm. i did a master reset once and i can say it cleared everything, including bonded phones.

go into the engineering menu, you can find it in there.

1. shut off the power to the audio system
  2. hold down the eject and the right arrow, wait until the speaker test starts
  3. exit the speaker test
  4. select master reset option

see if that is what you are looking for..

warning! you will lose all your saved information, presets, phone pairings, etc. etc.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott which version do you have? Mine does not have this option, it goes into bezel diagnostics with master reset nowhere to be found
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
does this remove all stored photos too or does it just reset all presets and ipod indexing, etc? I wouldn't mind resetting it to re-pair my phone from scratch and reset my presets.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Agreed. I'll reset wallpaper and my phone. I just want to erase all memory of music and various USB drives.

·
Registered
781 Posts
as far as i understand it, it wipes everything. i didn't have wallpaper loaded but i did have some presets and 2 phones bonded before i did it. they were all gone.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
for the record I never did a reset, but for whatever reason my music menu now shows my new phone name instead of the old name. don't know why/when it updated to the new phone name but it did without a reset

·
Registered
71 Posts
for the record I never did a reset, but for whatever reason my music menu now shows my new phone name instead of the old name. don't know why/when it updated to the new phone name but it did without a reset
That's pretty much the problem I am having. I synced up my phone and everything was working perfectly. I unpaired the bluetooth so I could change the phone name expecting it to show up correctly with the new name when I re-paired it. Pairing it back up went smoothly and the new name displays properly except when you try to stream music through bluetooth. Then it pics up the old name and plays a whole lot of nothing. Seems like it is having trouble connecting to the media as it will fail out and disconnect (although the phone portion seems to stay connected). Was hoping a reset of the system would clear it up but I don't see that option when I follow the directions folks have posted...my display looks exactly like in estoyloco's video.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
That's pretty much the problem I am having. I synced up my phone and everything was working perfectly. I unpaired the bluetooth so I could change the phone name expecting it to show up correctly with the new name when I re-paired it. Pairing it back up went smoothly and the new name displays properly except when you try to stream music through bluetooth. Then it pics up the old name and plays a whole lot of nothing. Seems like it is having trouble connecting to the media as it will fail out and disconnect (although the phone portion seems to stay connected). Was hoping a reset of the system would clear it up but I don't see that option when I follow the directions folks have posted...my display looks exactly like in estoyloco's video.
Odd, as even with the re-named phone mine would play audio just fine through bluetooth even with the old name displayed. The only thing I can think of that may have "updated" the name is that when I had 2 USB devices plugged in, it moved the bluetooth icon to the second set of buttons (when you press the down arrow at the bottom of the menu buttons) and then unplugging the 2nd USB device causing the bluetooth icon to reappear on the first set of buttons it had the new name... odd I know but it seems to have worked that way for me

·
Registered
532 Posts
I did something very stupid. I was in the speaker test screen and I got out of it. I got a menu with different functions to test. I got a screen with you would test the calberation. I tried to get out of it and I opened the door to get out of the screen. The next time I went to MFT, I lost touch screen capabilities. Is there anything I can do about that and to get my touch screen back. I hope I do not have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's looking like I will need to take mine to the dealer as well. I tried plugging in a second USB device at the same time as suggested, but it would only recognize one of them. I could unplug either device and it'd recognize the remaining one, but not both at the same time. Also the second usb device I tried was an 8 GB flash drive one 2 albums on it. I checked the tags on both albums with MusicBrainz Picard as suggested on another thread and both checked out fine. All tags are there and the proper album cover art is visible. The thing spun for about 10 minutes indexing and then building media commands. Once done I could browse through the albums fine but couldn't play anything (at least no audio was coming out). While the thumb drive was plugged in the entire MFT system slowed to a crawl. It became very unresponsive to any touch commands. It is very reproduceable. Simply pull out the thumb drive and it becomes responsive again...stick it back in and it takes many seconds to recognize any touch on the screen. [?|] And everything had started out so promising when I picked it up the other day.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am going to let the system rest for the night and hopefully it will restore (and get my touch capabilities back) when I start the car tomorrow morning. If not, I will take it to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts