Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Used high flow cat that you're going to gut?
OIC. Gotcha.
I assumed you meant buy a stock used vs getting a high flow cat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
But if there were lower prices,it might lead to more volume. 5k is a lot of money, especially when the kits for older foci go for 3.5k.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
But if there were lower prices,it might lead to more volume. 5k is a lot of money, especially when the kits for older foci go for 3.5k.
Don't get me wrong. I'm sure tom has priced it fairly due to the amount of fab he had to do, it's just steep.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
lol... You must be new to all of this.

K04 kits in the VW/Audi world run ~$1,600-$2,600 and that's just manifold and turbo. This doesn't include all the plumbing, intercooler, oil lines, etc. Not to mention the cost of the tune.

·
FF Affiliate
30,369 Posts
Link to the older Foci Turbo kits for 3500.00 ? I have never seen them

Keep in mind the 4500.00 MK3 Full Turbo kit comes with the SCT xcal4 and a full custom boost tune with free lifetime unlimited tune updates , thats almost 1000.00 of the MK3 Full kit cost

If there is a 3500.00 Turbo kit I have missed for the older Foci did it come with the 1000.00 flasher/tuning thats needed ? If not then its the same cost as mine ???

Tom

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think FSWerks has kits for previous gen foci for $3500-$4200 complete. I think you're the only one with anything for the mk3, and it's a very nice kit. I just think more people would consider it if it was a little cheaper. 5k is alot of money to put into a focus.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I think FSWerks has kits for previous gen foci for $3500-$4200 complete. I think you're the only one with anything for the mk3, and it's a very nice kit. I just think more people would consider it if it was a little cheaper. 5k is alot of money to put into a focus.
Don't ever combine the words Turbo and cheap...even if you buy just the turbo, wastegate, bov, wideband, etc and fab up your own manifold, hot and cold pipes, etc... still looking at $2 grand and you would have to have welding and fabrication skills

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Are they tuning those for you as well? [poke]

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been following this thread a little and this is my opinion. Everyone's situation is different and the answer is different based on those situations!

-Is this your only car that you must rely on? Do NOT go extreme with the mods!
-Do you love your car and want to make it your own? By all means mod it!
-Just want something to go fast and money is no object? Then why are you looking at a Focus? Get a Mustang GT or some other out of the box go fast car.
-You love the fun factor of a Focus and again money is not issue? Get the ST or RS.
-You want to mod, but lessen the headaches? Get the kit with the most research and support built in already (plug to Focus-Power...you will thank yourself in the long run.)
-You love to do all the work, research, don't care if you are down for a while, and don't care if you have to tinker A LOT (and learn a lot along the way)? Then piece it together.

Believe me...I am experiencing that last one with my '68 Mustang!

·
FF Affiliate
30,369 Posts
The FS kit does come with the X4 and custom tune

You can purchase my Turbo kit with no X4 Flasher and Custom Tune and save 850.00 off the kit price

Tom

41 - 57 of 57 Posts