Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I ask this question is because I hear that 0w-30 is supposed to flow better but would it be good to use on my car which is recommended 5w-30 by ford in my manual.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Heard it doesn't feel much different. Use it if you live in cold climates. Or you can use it in Summer to I honestly don't think you'll feel or see much of a difference.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, well if it doesn't do much and I live in Cali so it's not very cold out here anywayz so I guess I'll just stay with 5w-30 from Royal Purple.

·
Registered
9 Posts
one of the numbers is when the oil is cold and not moving ie at traffic light. the other run is the the engine is run at WOT. I dont remeber which one is which. Hope this helps.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
The number in front of the W is the oil weight when cold.
The number after the W is the oil weight when the oil is warm.
So, for cold climates, you probably want the number in front of the W to be low for easy start up on your engine.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
No, without opening a can of worms , the film thickness on the zero weight oils is scary, do not use it. When they mean for cold climates they mean Alaska and such

·
Registered
281 Posts
PLEASE NO MORE OIL QEUSTIONS.. it puts everyone in an argueing mood!!!!
No one is arguing but if you come in to oil threads and start screaming at people to stop talking about them, people are gonna start arguing. He's just asking a question.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yeah.. thats what happened with the last oil 'qeustion'
You talkin about the last thread about the proper oil filter for the Zetec? Done with. Their was some arguing and because of that a few people went out and did some research that should help lots of people and it clarified why the Zetec uses the oil filter that it uses.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I love a good gentlemanly arguement where nobody pi$$es in someones oatmeal!

·
Registered
793 Posts
fokuzsport said:
PLEASE NO MORE OIL QEUSTIONS.. it puts everyone in an argueing mood!!!!
Whats the point of having this forum if our topics are limited? Thats absurd, if you dont want to talk about oil because you loose your cool, then dont post. Im tired of asking questions about oil and having everyone yell and scream about not posting oil topics. Oil is one of the most important things in your motor and people should be able to ask questions about it or seek advice anytime they need it without people being dicks about it

·
Registered
793 Posts
yeah I use 5w-20 or 5w30, the 5w20 seems to have a lot more vavle noise than the 5w-30 does anyone know why? Both do alright tho, no need for a 0w oil in your climate

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Get over it all of you, its just a lubricant.

The folks talking about all these oil topics are redundant, there is no such thing as what one is better than the other.

Its oil, change it, do not argue over it, there is no point to be made and no magic formula to discover.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Focaltech technically I'm gonna disagree with you. But for most people (everyday drivers) that have vehicles that are not Turbo/Supercharged with 300+hp I don't think oil is a huge concern. Mobil1 should suit the needs of damn near 90% of people on the road. As for what weight to use? Whatever feels best is what I think. If you live in a hot climate I think 5W-30 or even 0W-30 should be fine but I doubt you'ld feel the difference between the two. I didn't feel a damn difference between Mobil1 5W-30 synthetic and 0W-20 Synthetic. Actually it feels as if the motor is just a bit smoother at idle. It could just be me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So then you would be agreeing with me.
Well you worded it kind of tricky. But I see what you were saying now and yes to a point I pretty much agree with you. [duh] Hehe I love some of the smilies here.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
EuroZX3Focus said:
Whats the point of having this forum if our topics are limited? Thats absurd, if you dont want to talk about oil because you loose your cool, then dont post. Im tired of asking questions about oil and having everyone yell and scream about not posting oil topics. Oil is one of the most important things in your motor and people should be able to ask questions about it or seek advice anytime they need it without people being dicks about it
would you like a violin to go with that?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts