Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if its my IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE or what but I live in iowa and for the last month when I start my car up it idles hi but then wants to die but if I tap the gas it idles back to normal I dont know what i could be would love some help.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
sounds like a vacuum leak to me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It only does it when I start it and once i rev the motor up it will go back to normal and run fine only does it on first start up no vacum leak I check ed all of the lines

·
Registered
180 Posts
is it cold? in the cold the motor will idle high to keep warm it should die down a little bit after.

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
i think all cars will rev high to warm up. but dying would be from something else. try cleaning your maf sensor and see if that changes anything

·
Registered
180 Posts
well like my car if i brake in nuetral really fast once it stops the rpm drops a little for a second but goes back to were its supposed to and just sits fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It all stems from when I put the svt factory intake on it idles high then will drop down and then idle way below and feels like it wants to die so I rev it up and it goes back to normal it does it when its cold and once in a while when i drive it

And I do have a sct xcal program that I installed o2 delete and egr delete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts