Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live along Narransett Bay near Providence. Keep in mind that the hurricane barely touched my area and there was still quite a bit of carnage. If this is just a glancing blow, the areas that got hit directly must have really taken a beating. I could have taken a lot more pics, but there were still branches flying around and I was getting pelted by wind, rain, and debris.

Moon high tide at 8 am.

Low tide at 1 pm. This is what normal high tide is like, not low tide. The rock jetty in the distance is normally not touched by water at low tide.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Im in PA. Lots of flooding, trees down and power keeps going out. Most around us are without power. Peco tells us the power can be out for us to two weeks. My neighborhood is surrounded by Chester Creek. The entire bottom of my development is flooded out and the water is still rising. Obama is supposes to get on tv in 15 minutes and declare a state of emergency.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got really lucky. I only lost power from 10 am to 12 noon. All the heavy rain was from 8 am to 1 pm. I think we had a few wind gust up to 75 or so. The rest of the day was 40-50 mph. Still going around 25-30 right now ( 5 pm ).

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Ouch, that looks nasty! We had some flooding in my town and a lot of people without power. Luckily my house had power and the sump pump kept chugging along. Wost thing was 2 branches in the back yard. First year my Focis had its own garage so it was safe lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
I lost power from 7AM sunday and got it back at 12noon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts