Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a headunit I can directly wire a ipod into (no fm), but prefer one that fits the original faceplate and dash contours. Any suggestions? No worry about existing cd changer or anything. Just wondering if there were different models or possibly a upgrade since I bought mine in 2004.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are interfaces out there that can be wired into any head unit with an AUX. in. If you can find one I recomend the clarion DX755MC It's badass and also has an 8 hour built in hard drive so if your friend has a song on a cd you have to have you can just record it to the deck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm yeah that is a option. I was hoping maybe Ford had one that looked like it came with the car. So the newer models (05/06) still don't have a output for a ipod on the back of them?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
another aftermarket option is the Alpine HU's

I have one in my car and I can control the iPod through the headunit, search by song, artist, playlist, album. Got it wored up to work with my column controls even.

There is a pic in my gallery of the head unit

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bummer

So what I am getting from these replies is that no, Ford does not make a Focus head unit that has a ipod output. I am not interested in any dash modification, I was hoping for a straight swap from a different model Focus or something.

Thanks for the idea though. I have been keeping the model numbers of these head units in case I change my mind.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mine is great. Never had static or any other problems. It was $100 for a charger/holder/transmitter.

·
Registered
492 Posts
i can't remember offhand. You'll find them at bestbuy or circuitcity.

when I go back out to my car for lunch I'll look at it again, for ya. :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's the TRANSPOD by DLO (www.DLO.com)

Review from CNET
With so many models--many of them disappointing--on the market today, choosing the right FM transmitter for your car can be a harrowing process. But car-driving iPod owners should look no further than Digital Lifestyle Outfitters' $99 TransPod… Overall, we were thoroughly impressed by the player's accessibility and ease of use… the TransPod finally delivers a static-free FM transmitter that integrates seamlessly into your drive home. - via CNET. read more reviews...
Go here http://dlo.com/Products/TP_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=11474494292121712 for the one that I have.

They also offer it in black now (DARN IT... I have the black ipod)... and a couple of other solutions here: http://dlo.com/Products/car_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=11474496962128720

·
Registered
492 Posts
They also offer the "TransPod Direct" which allows for a direct connection to your head unit instead of the FM transmitter.

http://dlo.com/Products/tpdirect_black_prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=11474496962128720

But I promise you that the FM transmitter isn't bad. I'll even buy it from you if you're disappointed. :p

(if you get one for the regular iPod and not iPod mini or nano or something)

I love it.

I have the iHome H5 clock/radio in my cubicle at the office so I listen to my iPod at home.. take it off the stand and dock it in my car, and when I get to work I plug it into the radio and keep right on truckin.

Gotta love connectivity and 40GB of music... and when I'm stuck in traffic I play one of the videos (scrubs, drawn together, etc) while I'm waiting. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts