Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if there is a way to hook my ipod directly up to the stereo in my Focus. It's an 06 SES with the stock single disc CD stereo. I've been using an fm feeder in the past but am getting fed up with static and trying to find an open station all the time. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
You can do the above OR get an aftermarket HU with iPod direct connect capabilities such as Alpine's new iPod full-speed headunits [:D]

·
Focus Rookie
183 Posts
Ford offers TripTunes which is a plug that connects your ipod to the factory head unit and allows you to control the ipod with your stereo controls

go to:
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog_NOVEHICLE.asp

TripTunes™
Part Number: 6R3Z-19A464-AA
MSRP: $50.00

Take your tunes on the road! Now you can connect portable audio players (MP3, iPod,® iRiver,® SanDisk,® etc.), plus portable CD and cassette players, right to your in-dash radio. Just plug your player into the harness – a 3.5mm stereo connector provides the interface so you can listen to music through the radio’s speakers and control the volume. Audio connection is housed securely in your vehicle’s glovebox or center console. "Dealer Installation Recommended"

Fits:
Ford Focus 2007 2006

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
It only says you can control the volume. Doesn't matter though because that is still cheaper than the AUX-IN adapter and allows a 3.5mm connection that you can use for just about anything.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was interested in triptunes until I read that its just a wired FM transmitter. Not terrible, but if you want the best signal quality, go with a PIE unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ipod

Hi, I am very interested in connecting my ipod directly into my sterio. I am so tired of the wireless static! I have a 2006 focus SES zx3...with an aux button. I just don't know how or where to plug in the aux equipment. Any advice?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts