Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed an iPod Nano in my car, to run music off of like a server or something. I bought a Monster iPod Cable, and ran it into the RCA Inputs on the back of my stereo, but I hear a crazy amount of static! By static i mean a constant 'shshshhsssshhhhhh' sounds, no matter if music is on or not.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, know the following:

I know mp3's are not amazing quality, but the reasons I'm asking is that higher end sound systems wouldn't sound like this ...

Also, the mp3's are on my PC, which is linked through a digital coaxial cable to my receiver (Pioneer VSX1015TX) powering my Klipsch Bookshelf speakers - here's my point: My Klipsch home speakers are a LOT better (more dynamic range & clarity) than my kenwood car speakers, but produce none of this static ...

I also assume that since a program would convert them onto a music cd,and skip the static; digital vs analog is probably the culprit here ... so :

Basically my question is this; is there a way to DIGITALLY (as in from the iPod connector) connect this rig up, or am I doomed to a world of static? I would like to avoid buying a new deck with USB input, but might have to replace this one anyway, because it has stopped reading CDs occasionally (Error 5 - dirty cd).

One last comment: I have no FM Antenna hooked up to my kenwood. I refuse to even allow public radio a chance to breathe in my car. I don't want to use an FM transmitter either, unless I absolutely have to. I heard they rarely work effectively, and it would also involve me buying a $12 antenna adaptor.

Thanks for any input! - Ryan

·
Registered
471 Posts
Could be a grounding issue actually, between the monster cable and the deck. If the cable is being plugged into the headphone jack, that may also be causing some static. I actually bought a new deck that allowed iPod input through the dock connector.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah ... i didn't think of that actually ... I figure there's got to be some way to use it without the feedback ... I'll see what I can figure out with this info! - Ryan

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured out a way to slience almost all of the static :

I turned the volume up from 30% or whaever, which got me better sound anyway (louder) and reduced almost al static. I still think grounding is an issue, but will not be after i get my chargre hooked up to it.

I was new to the ipod nano, and i guess i forgot about the volume level : ) Thanks anyway!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts