Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My iPhone 4 was syncing perfectly before (both the music and control of pausing and skipping tracks via in-car audio control buttons), until today after I updated my phone to iOS5, I still have the ability to sync music but lost the ability to control the songs with the control buttons inside the car, now I have to press on the iPhone itself in order to play/skip to the tracks I wanted...[?|]

I have tried deleting and re-syncing my iPhone to the MFT but still didn't solve the problem. Any solution to this matter would be appreciated!

·
Registered
171 Posts
[chair]post in the SYNC/MFT sticky thread...

·
Registered
321 Posts
I didn't lose those functions after updating to iOS5. As a matter of fact, changing tracks using the steering wheel controls/stereo controls is the only way my artist/track info updates properly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's weird...I'm not sure why mine loses the stereo control function after updating to iOS5 whereas yours is fine...I called the myFordSync helpline and they said my SYNC is the most up to date version and because it is not fully supporting apple iOS5 that's why I'm running into issues...their next update of Sync will be spring 2012...

What else do you guys suggest me to try?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Did you reset your iPhone ? Meaning, full restart ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the hard reset by pressing the top button and screen button together, still didn't solve it...

·
Registered
967 Posts
their next update of Sync will be spring 2012...
You should post that in the mft thread. Everyone is under the impression its coming in january.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You should post that in the mft thread. Everyone is under the impression its coming in january.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
SYNC and MFT are not the same system. SYNC handles the bluetooth/hands free voice communications/traffic and SYNC services, etc., while MFT is just the touchscreen interface. You can have SYNC without MFT.

Different systems = different updates.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem solved!!!! I called the SYNC helpline again and this time a gentleman suggested me to do a master reset. Did that and wala!! Audio controls worked again!!

My car has also just hit the 1000miles today, car is now fully broken in as well.

Double happiness...wooohooo!! i love my Focus :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
SYNC and MFT are not the same system. SYNC handles the bluetooth/hands free voice communications/traffic and SYNC services, etc., while MFT is just the touchscreen interface. You can have SYNC without MFT.

Different systems = different updates.
No shit genius, but since he has a MFT and I don't know of a magic way to update sync separately, even someone with your low iq could maybe surmise he was talking about MFT.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No shit genius, but since he has a MFT and I don't know of a magic way to update sync separately, even someone with your low iq could maybe surmise he was talking about MFT.
Necessary?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Problem solved!!!! I called the SYNC helpline again and this time a gentleman suggested me to do a master reset. Did that and wala!! Audio controls worked again!!

My car has also just hit the 1000miles today, car is now fully broken in as well.

Double happiness...wooohooo!! i love my Focus :)
master reset?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts