·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
=====================================
Iowa Rally - Take III

When: Sunday August 20th, 2006

Event Information: Registration and Tech start at 8:00am till 10:30am ||| First car on course at 11:00am ||| Registration Fee is $20.00 for SCCA Members and $25.00 for Non-Members

Where: Waterloo, IA - Old Greyhound Park

What: Autocross & Possible Swap/Install Afterwards

Directions: (Put the following information at Yahoo! Maps):
Greyhound Dr
Waterloo, IA 50701

The last direction is kind of weird on this one. Instead of turning onto Sargeant St, I believe if you go straight from the exit ramp, this should lead to the road that goes to the Park entrance.

Here is a list of potential Iowa Members or Members in the surrounding area that have either expressed interest in the past or are relatively close to be at the event.

List: (6.5/47)
W~Phoenix~{RC} Yes
Carrera26 Yes
drmike6054 Yes
chad_p71 Yes
SonicBlueSVT Yes
magic2119 Maybe
Venom713 Maybe
Sinan Maybe
BASSman
bens515
Kodi
Troy
4bangerhanger
my02svt
tunedfocuzx3
BCESVT1
LokiG
DePue
drillteamleader
Goat Roper
DilSVT
ToTaLXS
Formerlyforeign
ScreaminEuro
l1t43
nailman28
bicyclemotocross
02focus
penguin
goddastayfocusedman
will_99_99
blowngt92
hardt21
Tseug
KaiRoss
shayne
presvt
jwyman
Soaper
jdohse
my02svt
had one
fbod383
naneek890
padavid
loosejello
ohgrfreak

Cheers!

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I believe that a good place to meet up at would be in Cedar Rapids at Perkins on 33rd Avenue. Heading North on I-380, exit 17 is 33rd Ave. Take a left (going under the overpass) onto 33rd Avenue and you will see Perkins on the left-hand side. I'd like to meet up at around 8:30AM - 9:00AM. If anyone is interested, you can PM me for my Cell Phone Number.

Cheers!

·
Registered
124 Posts
hey could you get a map to perkins like the one you posted of the event site? I am horrible at directions.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well from the way you're coming, you would probably drive past Waterloo (To go South to Cedar Rapids) which is about an hour away. I think it would be easier (and less costly on gas) if we would just meet up with you in Waterloo at the event. Though if you don't care about driving an extra hour (each way) or so, then I'll put up some directions for you. Let me know [thumb]

I do look forward to seeing you at the event though.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i might possibly come if i'm not working.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm not sure what i'm going yet... I might be there, i might not be... i REALLY really wanna make it because i have heard wonderful things about this place... but i'm not sure if everything will fall into play for me... hopefully it will...

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope that things will work out so you can be there Chad. I haven't autocrossed with another Focus guy (on the track) for nearly a year. Maybe even longer. I'm very excited to see the outcome of this event and I can't wait to autocross once again.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
hehe...I enjoyed last time too.

I won't race this time either...sorry to disappoint...I like to baby my car..[:D]

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would recommend to everyone coming to the event to bring lots of water and some things to snack on. Sunblock would also be a good idea for those who burn easily. If you are going to watch and not race, I'd urge you to bring some sort of chair to sit in.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Sunblock before you leave the house, and sunblock after lunch too. Don't learn the hard way like me...

Anyone and everyone who can come out to this event, please do. It's going to be a huge track, and lot's of great competition. Everyone is bringing their "A" game, and there's at least a couple people I have seen picking up cheap used R-compounds just for this event. I wanted to, but nobody has my size!

I, for once, get to relax and just compete. (Have been an organizer almost 100% of the time since the beginning of 2005) So I also look forward to actaully getting to meet a lot of you and having the time to talk. Also, we're usually fairly good about figuring out a post-race get-together in Des Moines region, and I would expect that we will be doing this again up in Waterloo with the other regions. You have to have the opportunity to make excuses![:)]

I ALWAYS relish the opportunity to race at Waterloo, with it's size, grip, and high speeds. In fact, there are several guys in the state who will only come out of hiding when they are having an event there.

Lie, cheat, steal... do whatever you can to come out!

Also, for Des Moines area people, we are going to caravan to the event. We typically meet at the DMACC parking lot in Ankeny at around 7:00. I'll make that confirmation in just a bit after I talk to a couple people. Feel free to PM me with any questions or to RSVP about caravaning.

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
One more thing. You don't neccesarily have to compete, although in all reality your car is in more danger on the way to the event than when you're actually racing. Come on out and support your fellow FFers, have a great time, and see some great racing!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I debated on this one pretty much all month. But I decided that I don't want to sit this one out. I'll be there. Should hopefully be some goodtimes.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
at what time will you all be at the Greyhound Park approximatelly?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
For those of you in the Des Moines area, we will be meeting in the DMACC parking lot (intersection of 2nd Ave & Oralabor in Ankeny) at 7:00 AM to convoy up to Waterloo. Anyone who wants to travel up there with us is more than welcome to come.

See you all there, I'm friggin stoked!

By the way, here's a bad picture of me so that you know what I look like if you're trying to find me...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts