Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New here... hoping i can get some help with an issue i have with my Zetec.

I have a 1999 Ford Focus Zetec v1.6 that has a problem with the intruder alarm system. When i lock the vehicle, the alarm sounds 10-15sec after. All doors and windows are closed, the bonnet and boot are also closed. The sensors are not covered at all. Can i disable the siren but keep the lights on?

Ideally i'd like to fix this problem entirely, but i know that's going to be almost impossible over the Internet, so if i could get the sound disabled for now, till i get to the garage, that would be great!

Can anyone lend any knowledge? If i can't disable the sound of the alarm, can i turn it down?

Thanks!
Christian

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hi all,

New here... hoping i can get some help with an issue i have with my Zetec.

I have a 1999 Ford Focus Zetec v1.6 that has a problem with the intruder alarm system. When i lock the vehicle, the alarm sounds 10-15sec after. All doors and windows are closed, the bonnet and boot are also closed. The sensors are not covered at all. Can i disable the siren but keep the lights on?

Ideally i'd like to fix this problem entirely, but i know that's going to be almost impossible over the Internet, so if i could get the sound disabled for now, till i get to the garage, that would be great!

Can anyone lend any knowledge? If i can't disable the sound of the alarm, can i turn it down?

Thanks!
Christian
Sounds like it's an aftermarket alarm system. If it's a factory system it shouldn't have a siren and you could just unplug the horn to get rid of the annoying noise...

Odds are you have a door ajar switch that is either bad or sticking. It could be a wiring issue to one of the switches but the switch itself is much more likely. Furthermore, the sticky switch is likely the driver's door (it gets the most use) or a door that is rarely used and was recently opened. The factory alarm only uses switches on the doors, the trunk (boot) and in rare cases the hood (bonnet).

Aftermarket alarms also typically incorporate a shock sensor that is usually internal to the alarm module. The sensitivity of these sensors and their activation/deactivation can be controlled by various ways....you'll just have to know what alarm system is installed.

If you have a factory alarm system I can take a look in the wiring diagram to see what it's inputs are....but here in the states the wiring diagram will only reflect the build of cars sold in North America.... Hopefully someone across the pond will have access to service info....

Cheers! G/L buddy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure it's a factory alarm. I use my key to activate etc., and i have the original car manual which tells me how to activate, which is the same.

I guess if i could get a blueprint that would be best.
Do you know if i can get that?

Thanks for your reply :)

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
just open hood find the horn and disconnect the horn (siren) just make sure you put electrical tape so you dont short the wires

1 - 4 of 4 Posts