Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm totally stoked about my new buy. Has everything that I wanted, including heated seats (although I wont be using them anytime soon) and traction control (very nice in the rain). I wanted a lighter color as well, like silver. It's much easier to take care of than black, and silver looks killer mixed with black. I think I'm going to do the whole silver/black/red scheme on the exterior to match the interior. I'm thinking about painting the calipers red.

Anyways, here's some pics. They aren't the best, as it was getting dark outside when I finished waxing her.

I started my mods with some ford racing floormats. They look killer with the interior.

Second was the shorty antenna. I actually swapped it out with HociFoci (used to be my black zx4, and my dad drives it now). He listens to the radio more than I do anyways.

After that, I decided I'd see how the tinted corners would look with it. I think it looks pretty killer. Gives a nice touch to the silver/black part of the scheme IMO.

Next, I put my JVC GS720 headunit in. I love the USB port.

Today I swapped rims out. Put the ST rims on HociFoci, and then put my Kazera rims on STociFoci. [thumb]

And another. Have to love the disk brakes all the way around.

Shortly thereafter, I decided I would debadge. I though about finding a place to put my ST badge, but I'm having seconds thoughts. I like the cleanliness of no badges.

Last but not least, its not a mod, but I had to wash and put her first coat of wax on (at least the first one by me). Have to rock focus fanatics on this car too.

And here's a few more pictures for good measure.

Hope you like her! Comments are welcome.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
My only beef with your car is that I'd like to see it lower. Other than that, I like it in every way.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I'll try to get pics of the ZX4 with the ST rims tomorrow. They look pretty dang good with it actually.

As far as lowering, no one offers a full suspension kit (dampers, struts, and springs) that will fit the 2006+ models yet. I don't feel like switching out knuckles from the 05 and what not either. Although, I think Eibach has springs out, they don't have dampers or struts. I'll live until they, or someone releases a kit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah drop it as soon as you can, other than that, black housings on the headlights, F2 lip kit, and painted grille pretty much fix anything I don't like about the facelift. Looks good debadged!

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Gotta agree, lowering it would be a definate improvement.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, lowering is on the top of my list. First things first are a clear bra and window tint. I don't want the front getting all chunked up. There's soo much I want to do to her though, and I think I have a good start. [:D]

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
airdrummer said:
Yes, lowering is on the top of my list. First things first are a clear bra and window tint. I don't want the front getting all chunked up. There's soo much I want to do to her though, and I think I have a good start. [:D]
get them windows tinted as well, silver cars with tints looks sick. Also to start off, its not expensive either, the ST already has basically the same suspension set up as the svt, minus the springs, so pick up a set of svt springs and it should lower you .5 -.75 inches and itll enhance your ride and handling. Looks great man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.