Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New SVT owner here- thought I'd say hello. I've been perusing the forums some yesterday and today. Yesterday I purchased a black '02 SVT with 149k on it. Basically came from original owner, and included a 1-inch stack of Ford service department invoices dating back to day 1, SVT certificate etc. (still in envelope), and all manuals. The car and all of the documents, etc. are in pristine condition, so I'm pretty stoked (just because you don't find stuff like this everyday).

A couple minor problems I'll be researching- one front wheel bearing seems to be howling, and the Audiophile receiver is giving me trouble (FM signal fades, volume knob rheostat messed up, won't play CDs- just loads them and spits them back out).

I believe I'll do some thread searching before starting my own ?? thread(s) on the two issues...

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. If you see a guy driving a sharp black SVT around Mesa AZ with a permagrin on his face, that'd be me. I am LOVING this little machine!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to start another (technical) thread based on a question, but it doesn't show up- am I in trouble already or something???

I guess I'll ask here and hope for some feedback- how hard are front wheel bearings to change? I have above-average mechanical skillz and tools. Is it a couple-hour job that I can do and save $100 or so in labor, or a several-hour PITA that IF I can get done for less than $200 I should go ahead and have someone else do???

Thanks- looked in the "New members read this first" thread, including the technical links, but didn't see the subject. Front wheel bearing, '02 SVT.

Thanks!

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
you should be able to replace bearing as far as radio there known to stop working specially cd player

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, took care of ALL my Audiophile 9006 probs in one fell swoop- bought a brand new unit on ebay. Shweeet! Problem solved, and it works PERFECTLY. Very happy. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE- MAN OH MAN I love driving this car! It's SUCH a hoot! Less than 100 miles to go until the 150k mark on the odometer...

I have dreams of a supercharger and about 250-270hp to the ground... <grin>

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing that would make it more fun to drive is 30mpg instead of 23. Oh well. Maybe my foot will settle down after a couple tanks....

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
UPDATE- MAN OH MAN I love driving this car! It's SUCH a hoot! Less than 100 miles to go until the 150k mark on the odometer...

I have dreams of a supercharger and about 250-270hp to the ground... <grin>
If you replace supercharger with turbo then you have a fair shot lol.

I don't really remember seeing a supercharged svt putting out that much power. Someone correct me if i'm wrong though...

As for the gas mileage...consider yourself lucky...I get 23 when i'm on a lucky streak...other then that it's a few miles below that...i've even gotten 14mpg once!!

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
depends on what other mods you do with the supercharger, but alone, the supercharger is good for about 180whp. A built supercharged car is good for about 230whp. Unless you go with the procharger setup which is a whole different ballgame.

Either way, the turbo is the most power, its just more costly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts