Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for hours for the spring ratings on the Intraxs, but I can't find the exact numbers. Does anyone know the exact number for these?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very tight springs. The drop is excellent, at least to me it was. Just about a finger's width of daylight left between the top of the tire and the wheel well. Beware if you live in a place with bad roads. These are very hard on stock struts/shocks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very tight springs. The drop is excellent, at least to me it was. Just about a finger's width of daylight left between the top of the tire and the wheel well. Beware if you live in a place with bad roads. These are very hard on stock struts/shocks.
what size tires are you running?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im running the intrax svt springs, and the kyb agx's on medium front/rear. They are an awesome handing combo! Running show wheels 215/35R18 tires on a 7.5" wheel, track wheels 205/45R17 on a 7" wheel and 195/50R16 for winter stuff

·
Registered
148 Posts
i'm thinking about the intrax svt springs for my zts. I'm hoping the drop is no more than 2 inches for me if i use the poly spring isolators.

I'm debating between 215/45/17 or 215/40/17. I'd rather have a little larger gap to the fender with the 215/40/17, but i'm afraid to dent a wheel

·
Registered
148 Posts
right now i have stock wheels with 205/50/16. If i go to 215/40/17 the overall diameter will be slightly smaller and 215/45/17 will be larger but a bigger difference than the 215/40/17's. I'd rather go with the smaller diameter but am just worried that the sidewall may be too short. guess i'll just have to watch out for potholes

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about Intrax. I should be ordering my set this summer! Side question, should I purchase a set of camber plates for the front (running 17x7 "Tuner" 16 Spokes) or will the camber kit for the rear be ample[?]

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
how is the drop? the stiffness, any sag... since i saw more posts against them then good ones on carreview.com... or something like that...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i seen that intrax offers a linear and progressive rate on summit racing....does anyone else know about their linear springs...i thought it was only progressive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts