Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I've been having an intermittent problem with the rear driver's side blinker on my 2003 SVT. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Believe it or not I think it's temperature related. Everything works fine when the temps are 40F and above, but in the morning or evening when the temperature dips I get a rapid blink in the dash and the rear bulb doesn't flash. Left brake light doesn't work either. Started 4 days ago.
I ran out and bought a bulb, but I haven't replaced it because it started working again. Any ideas??

WES

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
its the bulb for sure, it started to work again because the fillment in the bulb hasnt fully burned away, its blinking extra fast, because the other working bulbs are doing the work of the one that blown, so replace the bulb and you should be good to go! [thumb]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Actually focusman the rapid blink was designed that way each blinker relay is set for a number of lights, lose one or add to many it will rapid blink as a warning somethings wrong/or bulbs out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll replace the bulb and see what happens. Usually when bulb blows, that's it, it's done. Never had one come back from the dead before. The filiment looks like it's still intact, but I'll replace it anyway.
Thanks,
WES

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
LOl unless its a headlight I made my headlight last almost 7 months I just kept WHACKING the headlight and they turned on eventually I whacked it to hard and the headlight popped LOL

·
Registered
930 Posts
Need new blinker Fluid prolly a heavier weight will fix problem

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine is the same. replaced the bulb but it still blinks intermittently. cant seem to find the problem. replaced head light because it was out but that didnt fix the problem. Its been like this for about 4 months. everytime i go to fix it it starts working again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts