Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving yesterday and came across this problem and called the dealership and they said they had no clue what it could be. It started working fine today so I didn't take it in. So I'm writing here to see if anyone else has had this issue. I was on a highway going about 40-50mph and I wanted to pass the car in front of me. I got over, dropped into 3rd gear, stepped in the gas and.... Nothing. It was accelerating but not nearly as quickly as it should in 3rd gear at 4k rpms. Itt slowly creeps up to speed. Like if I were to barely touch the throttle. Has anyone had this happen to them? It freaked me out. It's still drivable just very slow. Since its intermittent I don't want to take it in until it happens again.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I was driving yesterday and came across this problem and called the dealership and they said they had no clue what it could be. It started working fine today so I didn't take it in. So I'm writing here to see if anyone else has had this issue. I was on a highway going about 40-50mph and I wanted to pass the car in front of me. I got over, dropped into 3rd gear, stepped in the gas and.... Nothing. It was accelerating but not nearly as quickly as it should in 3rd gear at 4k rpms. Itt slowly creeps up to speed. Like if I were to barely touch the throttle. Has anyone had this happen to them? It freaked me out. It's still drivable just very slow. Since its intermittent I don't want to take it in until it happens again.
Welcome to the forum, ethan3130,

Have you been able to recreate the concern, or has it only happened this one time? If you do head in, a great idea is to ask for a ride along. Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know, along with your mileage. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum, ethan3130,

Have you been able to recreate the concern, or has it only happened this one time? If you do head in, a great idea is to ask for a ride along. Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know, along with your mileage. :)

Meagan
It has only happened once. it hasn't happened since yesterday. I have 30k miles on it right now.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
It has only happened once. it hasn't happened since yesterday. I have 30k miles on it right now.
Thanks for following up!

Should the concern come back, I recommend heading to the dealer and letting me know. I'll be able to check into some additional assistance. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
2 Posts
imhaving the sameproblem right now, yesterday coming home down atabout 70 mph i tried to accelerate and wouldnt go, i actually lost speed in 5th gear with it floored,once i got to town i attempted to run it somewhat hard from a stop and was lacking power. upon shutting it off and restarting it i regained most of the power. on to today it seemed as i was reduced power, it takes longer to get to highway speeds and just creeps to accel in 5th gear, again not allowing my to gain speed uphill, the car is a '12 ti hatch 5 spd. ive only had it for a week and am starting to regret the purchase eben tho i have wanted to get another focus since i got rid of my 03 ten years ago. i want to get this fixed under warranty but from what ive read there doesnt seem to be a code for these issues and since ive had it scanned nothing has come back. ive only got 3 weeks left on the factory warranty and cant seem to finda dealer to look at it

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been told to try turning off traction control when this happens. There is a topic closer to the top in this section called. "Weird issue with 2012 SE 5 spd, no power" It sounds like the same thing, and I've also experienced this once. Car didn't give anything for the dealers to looks at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts