Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while when i get into the car sync doesnt pick up my already paired phone. Some times its a one shot thing where the nxt time i start it up it connects immediately with the phone. Other times it wont connect w it at all. Anyone else experience this? The cars going into the shop tuesday for a mft update. Maybe this will fix the problem?

·
Registered
967 Posts
It could be the car, but it could also be the phone. Its hard to tell because in my experience with different bluetooth devices the standard as a whole sucks.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

·
Banned
571 Posts
I've never had a pairing problem with my iPhone 3GS. It doesn't always work with Bluetooth audio for music though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ya, it does seem spotty. It worked really well the first few times, but now I have to search for the phone. Will see how it is after a few more days

·
Registered
524 Posts
Those of you having phone pairing problems, please state what brand and model of phone you have for reference.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Both my wife's iPhone 4 and my iPhone 4 have been paired with hers the primary phone. There has been a couple of times i have had to tell it to pair to my phone but her's has always paired.

·
Registered
63 Posts
LG 8350 phone, Same problem - - sometimes it will pair automatically and other times it won't - - or it drops the connection while connecting to "Services". I asked my sales person at the dealership where I purchased my Focus (he helped me set up the initial pairing) about this problem and he said that SYNC just doesn't seem to work as well with some phones as it does with others. Maybe it's really not SYNC but a bluetooth issue. In any case, it's rather frustrating!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Every once in a while when i get into the car sync doesnt pick up my already paired phone. Some times its a one shot thing where the nxt time i start it up it connects immediately with the phone. Other times it wont connect w it at all. Anyone else experience this? The cars going into the shop tuesday for a mft update. Maybe this will fix the problem?
Sorry guys. I have an iphone4

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife and I just got new Blackberry Style's. Mine will pair and connect once and works fine, but after leaving the car then returning, MFT can't find the phone again unless I delete sync from phone and the phone from sync and start from scratch. Havn't tried wifes yet. We have had the os update.

What is reverse pairing?

·
Registered
524 Posts
My wife and I just got new Blackberry Style's. Mine will pair and connect once and works fine, but after leaving the car then returning, MFT can't find the phone again unless I delete sync from phone and the phone from sync and start from scratch. Havn't tried wifes yet. We have had the os update.

What is reverse pairing?
From the syncmyride site: Reverse Pairing

Also this post: Reverse Pairing the iPhone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts