Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anybody could comment on how tough it is to get the center molding (area between the seats) off or if they actually have a walkthrough of how to do it. I want to run a few wires through it, but am unsure of how to remove the covering. Please keep in mind I have very little experience with this sort of thing! Thanks!

·
Registered
688 Posts
ok..well there is a screw in both the cup holders..also open up ur armrest n remove the bolts holding it..but since im not at my car..all i can say is look around for my screws or bolts n try to remove it..n if u cant get the e brake off..raise it up all the way

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
not hard at all. like focuzdriver said, just go around and take out all the visible bolts and screws (don't forget the ones with the little plastic covers!). when you think you have them all of, tug gently. if it doesn't want to come, you forgot one. install is reverse of removal.

Mike

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i'm guessing stereo. easiest and cleanest way to run the wires is up the middle. that's what i did for the RCAs.

Mike

·
Registered
688 Posts
oh..when i had my cd player installed on my accord..last car of mine..they ran it there the side of the floor ....but heck..i dont even got a cd player or a head unit for my focus now..gotta get sum money

·
Registered
419 Posts
it would be a good investment to get a ford car manual on cd ,i hav one and u can basically find out anything u want to know including trouble shooting and diagnossis

·
Registered
456 Posts
xero, how much did that set you back? I heard once it was like 200$

·
Registered
419 Posts
i got a cd that has all 2002 models for ford only cost me like $10 inclunding shipping look on ebay for them their worth it

·
Registered
456 Posts
Okay, I'll check that out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR, I was planning on seeing if I could mount a switch on that flat portion under the center arm rest. It would probably go to undercar lighting or something. Plus there's the thrill of the unknown! I wanna see what's under there! [:D]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ran all my audio wiring through the center. It was easy and there were no surprises with removing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts