Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did interior work past couple weeks between going to school and driving home... drove home this weekend to finish it all

installed:
80sq/ft sound deadening
blue accents to the cluster
got rid of the overhead console
black A B C pillars
new headliner with only the dome light re-covered black

Before

Middle

(drove this way for 2 weeks)

During

Sound Dead In

(inside the doors and taped back up...)

(went to get sodas and pizza and came back to this, lil overkill but it works WELL)

(cant see it but its 2 layers of deadening under that carpet)

2 layers on the roof, floor, 1 on the door skin, 1 on the door panel, 1 on the hatch, 1 on the back plate.

With the sound deadening done i quick swapped rims into winter mode :-\

B4

after :\

then it went on the the head liner and pillars that i had done 2 weeks ago...

Black pillars and head liner

Dont mind the visors.... i need to figure how or where im ganna do those... for now i need them in though.

Small mod to the cluster...

Light still shows nicely...

Final product

Also as a note i went from having an overhead massive compartment for sunglasses and shit that i didnt like, so i got a headliner from a salvage car with only the dome light and now i love it! Visors will be done soon... comments?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hours wise?

headliner recovering - 1 hour
painting pillars - 2 hours + touch ups
cluster - 30 min.
deadening.... - All sat. :p

basically it woulda been a weekend job only took 3 weeks because i ripped the headliner/ pillars out and painted/ covered them, then said while its off i should sound deaden... so i ordered and had to wait... then go back to my parents house again this weekend to put it together when i got the deadening in...

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
sorry imma noob, but what are the pillars?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is it whisper quiet now?

BTW, Any thoughts on black sun visors?
its insanely quiet all i hear is mild exhaust rumble unless i gun it... and the audio sounds great for stock now!

unfortunately i only got to drive it on the winter rubber so that may make a difference but still really quiet... all i hear is wind now [rolleyes]

·
Registered
156 Posts
how did you get the pilars to look so good? do you have any close ups on the pilars cause i would love for mine to be black.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no really close close ups... more wide shots but i assure you they look factory...

we took our time and put like 3 light coats on then 1 kinda heavyish coat on but never to heavy it looks just like the gray did but in black... its sweet

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah man go to a salvage yard and just pick one up and spray it... see if you like it...

i got a spare headliner but that was mainly to eliminate the upper console i had that i hated...

·
Registered
278 Posts
So did you recover that spare headliner? If so, how'd ya do it?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i re-covered the one i got from the salvage yard... got micro suede and just glued it down... looks great!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
That looks awsome. I have similar plans for mine. I wunna do the sound deadening bad!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks awsome. I have similar plans for mine. I wunna do the sound deadening bad!
makes a world of difference, i dont care i added 40lbs to the car.... F that sounds great, close the door its a solid thud not a bunch of rattling crap...

That micro suede headliner looks sick also.
yeah that was fun to do... i was shocked my dad and i got it done so easily...

Is micro suede anything like ultra suede?
no idea, but the micro suede i got was VERY stretchy which made the whole process easier...

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
that is some pimp juice my friend

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
F the 09's lol... im so pissed they have those on the 09's....

they are the EAP rims... i need to buy new rims now cuz everyone thinks they are stock 09 rims...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts