Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone do a video of how to take off the interior trim?

I wanna wrap it and don't wanna break the trim pieces.

Please help

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
There is a thread by "Twenty" with step by step instructions and pix. You can find it via the search function, at the top of this page.

As far as videos, I am aware of a couple of YouTubes, which will provide some of the steps.
"Jason Georgievski" has several videos. Another resource is "CJ Pony Parts", where the guy is replacing the stock shifter on a Focus ST, which involves removal of trim pieces.

Good luck. I replaced my trim pieces with flat black, and didn't break anything, and trust me, if I can do it, anybody can. My skills in such are limited to none, almost.

Thank you for your service to our country.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
All American, Elwood125 said what I forgot to. The tools that he referenced are exactly the type you need to avoid breaks and scratches.

I recall that the thread by Twenty includes diagrams pinpointing the location of the clips on many of the pieces, with suggestions on the best place to start. Knowing the locations of the clips allow you to best determine where to apply the necessary force to remove the piece.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will add them to my shopping list. I never knew they sold such tools, but it makes sense. They sell anything and everything nowadays.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Oooooh trim pieces...I thought this was like alternative clocks or something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts