Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i did probably the dumbest thing i have ever done. on my way back to work from Mcdonalds i put a large drink in my cup holder. pulled out and got a chirp on my nextel from work. well needless to say i hit a bump and spilled the pop in the front seat. didnt get any on the seat but whole 32oz pop is now seeped into the carpet. its roughly 25 degrees out right no so it will freeze. my question is what is the best way to clean it up. should i remove the carpet or can i hit it with a steam cleaner.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Pour some warm water over it and use a towel to sop up as much of the soda as possible. Might want to mix in a little baking soda or carpet cleaner. Then use a steam cleaner or rug doctor to clean the rest of it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ill give that a shot. i dont want to take the whole carpet out because i know its going to be a pain but maybe to make things easier ill take the passanger seat out to get in there a little better

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
they gave you the best advice. i had a six pack of smirnoff on my front seat once and had to make a sudden stop and the case flew to the floor and one bottle broke. i blotted it up with paper towels first and then vacuumed it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i got the stuff up with some rags and ill go over this week to get the rest cleaned up with a rug doc or something to that effect.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
honestly, ur best bet will be to remove the carpet!! its a pita but you won't have issues later!! I spilled a minow bucket (yes, it was full of minows) in the front seat. and i removed the entire interior!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts