Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Pioneer DEH-P4700MP HU hooked up for over 6 months now. Recently whenever playing a cd or the radio at a high volume all 4 of my interior speakers will cut out completely. Once they do cut out they stop playing but all of my bass still plays out of my sub. I thought the problem might have something to do with my HU so I swapped it out with an old Jensen deck I had laying around. Everything worked fine until I started listening to my music at anything above a whisper, but all bass would still play just fine out of my sub. I figured since all the interior speakers stopped working but my sub was fine that it had something to do with the aftermarket wiring harness that I had gotten from Walmart. I went ahead and replaced that and still had the same problem. I disconnected my amp and sub to see if that would make a difference but it has not. Now before all of this started happening my rear speaker on the passenger side was starting to make a rattle. Maybe that has something to do with it? Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any help anyone could give me would be great. Driving around in silence is killing me! I checked and re-checked all of my connections so I know thats not it. I'm completely out of ideas for now. Someone please please help. Thanks Alot

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
My guess is a speaker wire is disconnected and contacting another terminal or there is a short somewhere, like a speaker wire that's been grounded to the car.

Have you installed aftermarket or still using stock speakers?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
sounds either like a shorted speaker or even a blown speaker. Pioneers do that when it detects a short (shuts down to protect itself). pull the deck out and check all your speakers impedences with a DMM

·
Registered
228 Posts
^^^^ no question it sounds like a bad speaker or speaker wire. If you have a meter you can measure impedance at the deck to find out which one. You can also measure the speaker wire to ground.

Good luck![thumb]

Installman

·
Registered
621 Posts
some decks, including the stock SVT sudiophile HU have built in protection circuits in case the impedence gets too low or the HU gets too hot. I experienced the same problem when I installed my system using pigtails coming from the rear speakers. at that point i took it to best buy for installation and on top of the regular adapter harness they installed what I assume to be some sort of feedback adapter to keep the system from interfering with the HU. new fandangled radios...heh.
but anyway, first and foremost i'd check your impedence as previously mentioned...a very possible source of your problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
my best guess is you are "grounding out". meaning one of the ground terminals on one or more speakers is touching a metal surface on your car. i had the same prob when I recently installed my new setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts