Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I needed some input about an idea that I have been running through my head lately. Well all the sedan owners will get me here when i say u know how we have the spot of "nothingness" below our rear window. . . yeah, i was thinking of maybe adding a couple more 6x9's or even going with some maybe 8" subs on there and just put little screens over them to make them look more like they were there all along. The only reason I'm thinking about going 8's cuz I need the trunk room I have, but would love a little more bass. and there is plenty of room to add 2, 4, even 6 8" subs. . . because its just bare. . . like for storage or something. . . who knows, but i have been thinking about this for a while now and would just like some more input on it. Or if anyone has done this, i would greatly appreciate pictures.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If I were you I would go with adding 6X9's. They would be easy to mount. You would have to add an amplifier to power these. If you get a good set of speakers, you could get a decent size amplifier and get some pretty good sound. Under the passenger seat is a good place to mount an amplifier. The problem with adding subs is most have to be used inside an enclosure. They need the pressure to perform. With out being in an enclosure, they can be easily blown and/or sound horrible. If you are set on getting subs it can be done. You would either have to find subs that are free air compatible or you could get adventurous and try fiberglassing the undersides. If you do go with 6X9's, I would get some baffles to help with the base response. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Definatly do something there. I am in the process of installing a couple of neons i have up there I would install some speakers up there but I already have two 12"s and a 8" sub in the trunk.
I agree with skikid89 do 6x9's subs would be alot alot alot of work unless you are gifted with fiberglass.
So if you want easy and still sweet go with 6x9's. If you want amazing but difficult do the subs.

·
Registered
433 Posts
jholso is totally correct. Fiberglass can be your best friend and worst enemy. It takes a lot of practice and patients but the outcomes can be magnificent. Reputation up for you jholso!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts