Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Focus SE with 107k miles. Recently it begins to smell like a bandaid inside the car after you have been driving for a few minutes. My wife describes the smell as a rubber band, but regardless of how it is described there is a distinct smell in the car after driving it.

I was thinking interior air cabin filter (was told my vehicle does not have one) or maybe a leaky heater core. This is definitely not the typical smell of antifreeze I have ever smelled. I have had heater core issues in two previously owned Mustangs, so I know what that should smell like.

I would like to know if anyone has ever had this bandaid/rubber smell in their car and what they did to stop it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Not sure about yours, but I had a mixed-bag of smells, mostly smokey, oil like smells. After replacing the aged and cracked PCV hose, smells were gone.

Your PCV hose is behind the intake manifold, so it is hard to get your eyeballs on it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: I drove the car last night and the "bandaid" or rubber smell is coming from the vents. This is definitely something I experienced with the heater core issues from my Mustangs. Again, this is not the typical anti-freeze smell it is very much like a damn bandaid.

Anyone ever had something like this in their car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts