Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What protectant product do you use on the plastic panels & dash? And is it a glossy or semi gloss or a natural no glossy product? So many out there & seeing what other people use.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Aerospace 303

·
Registered
44 Posts
Armor all for leather seats front and back
Liquid glass spray can for windows inside and out, sunroof too
I need something for the dash and steering wheel..suggestions?

Idk what to use for the outside...I've never waxed my car so in a few months I'll clay bar it, wax it, and see how it goes...any suggestions for outer wash soap and tire soap...I use a sponge and brush respectively

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Armor all for leather seats front and back
Liquid glass spray can for windows inside and out, sunroof too
I need something for the dash and steering wheel..suggestions?

Idk what to use for the outside...I've never waxed my car so in a few months I'll clay bar it, wax it, and see how it goes...any suggestions for outer wash soap and tire soap...I use a sponge and brush respectively
I use the Meguires gold car wash soap or the wash & wax spray, when its cold out & don't want to use water. That works awesome as I'm really surprised.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ive been looking at clay bars, does anyone use them? They sound likey they work ok but i havent been able to see a side by side comparison of no clay bar vs claybar

·
Registered
739 Posts
I use Poorboys World Natural Look dressing. I'm not a big fan of really shiny stuff and this stuff works really well. More of a satin sheen after you buff it with a dry towel. I use one towel for applying and one for buffing it. It can be used on all interior surfaces, including leather.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I like Meguiar's Natural. I use some Simple Green for cleaner on all the trim, everything but the seats, and finish with the Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant. Seems to work really well.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I use Einszett 1Z plastic deep cleaner and Einszett 1Z cockpit premium… IMO some of the absolute BEST on the market… after I've used that to clean a dirty interior, I maintain with Chemical Guys "InnerClean". I hate shiny dashes, as they cause glare, and most "shiny" products attract dust particles, I go with any interior product that leaves a matte, OEM finish… It all depends on what your cup of tea is…

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Just purchased some Chemical guys GreenClean and Nonsense.

Dilute it, spray it everywhere, rub with green pad, finish with a wipe off with a microfiber towel. Marvel from the results haha

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just purchased some Chemical guys GreenClean and Nonsense.

Dilute it, spray it everywhere, rub with green pad, finish with a wipe off with a microfiber towel. Marvel from the results haha

I picked up a gallon of the Nonsense as I use a lot of interior cleaner… and for plastics it should work marvels! I was really liking the results thus far.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ive been looking at clay bars, does anyone use them? They sound likey they work ok but i havent been able to see a side by side comparison of no clay bar vs claybar
Try using the Mothers Clay Bar Kit. I have used it and it works wonders. The steps i take when doing a outside detail on paint is in this order: Clay Bar, Rubbing Compound (I used Meguiars Rubbing Compound) Then a Cleaner Wax (aslo Meguiars in the tub.) Thats what I have used as in simple grab of a Wal-mart shelf outside detail. Yes, if you went through Chemical Guys you can get alot better product. But for a Saturday afternoon detail it isnt bad. I also take my wax off with spray wax (Lots of people do).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts