Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This all started a few weeks ago. My Mother died last month and so we put all these things around her grave (flowers, lights, etc.) Well this month is the "clean-up" month, so I put everything in my car. All is well. Then I get in to go to school yesterday and I find that there is spider web from my rear-view mirror down to my console. Then, a few days later there was a huge spider on my dad's leg as we were driving. Then today I was carting around my cousin and I saw another one. I finally figured out that the plants in the back from her grave were infested. I was too spooked to drive the infested car home, so my dad did. However, when I came home, he had taken everything out and was dousing the interior with bug spray. This left little black spots all OVER my car and on my center console ANNND left an absolutely horrible odor that gave me a head ache. Any advice on how to get rid of the odor/stains?!?! Would having the seats shampooed tomorrow fix it? HELP!!!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
windows down and air that bad boy out. and when you say black spots do you mean on the seats?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea on the seats

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Try some automotive carpet and upholstery cleaner. If that doesn't work you may have to take it to a detailing shop.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm going to take it to a place that's really good for cleaning stuff, hope it works.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
probably need to steam clean everything down really well.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Go out rent a rug doctor. Or if you have a rug shampooer take the seats out do all the rugs and do your seats. Automotive upholstery cleaner can clean unevenly and leave spots. as for the dash try Maguires interior detailer. Also if you have an air compressor blow out all your vents. And Lysol the shit out of the inside and it will help. Sorry for your loss man.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Wait wait wait... you sprayed the car inside with bug spray and then drove it? o_O

At this point I'd just bring it to the detailers shop and have them deal with it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not ... my well meaning father did.[?|]

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
How could you stand going into a poison fumed car o_O

I can't imagine having that many spiders in the car. I had one little one shoot webs at me at night and that terrorized me until I decided to pull over and find it and squish it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts