Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a place to nab some? Namely.. Ac vent plastic.. Around shifter plastic and a couple others.

Previous owner painted them and its gotta go.. I would paint/plastidip, but if its cheap enough I'll just buy factory pieces

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Occasionally a part-out appears but since yours is a relatively rare model it may be hard to track down the correct pieces if you want the specific finish found in the SEL from factory.

If ebay fails there's of course the option to buy them new but that will add up quickly as they aren't cheap parts.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've been replacing some scratched silver trim pieces on my used SE with new black ones, and those trim pieces are expensive. The vent bezels in the center dash have an MSRP of $65 each, and those silver trim pieces on the inside door panel where you pull the door closed have an MSRP of $33 each. Nothing is cheap if you buy it at a dealer. You can generally find most parts on ebay for around 30% off MSRP. I found the vent bezels for $40 each on ebay, but I had to pay full price at my dealer for the door trim because I couldn't find it on line.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you're removing the center dash vent bezels, be careful - the locking tabs can break fairly easily. The best way to avoid this is to remove the entire radio bezel and push in the vent bezel tabs from the rear. I replaced the vent bezels this way on my SE, and it only took around ten minutes from beginning to end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts