Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, i just finished my interrior panels and i think they turned out pretty good! I also just got a touchscreen this weekend and installed it too! I love the white but im afraid it will get dirty, I will let you know how that goes. Im not sure if anyone else on here has done white, but if you need help removing any panels or any questions just ask here or you can email me at [email protected]

Plastidip (4 coats white, 3 coats gloss)

Also I blacked out the front bottom part of my bumperand to me it looks goood, i dont know if anyone has done this yet but I like it. Its just an idea for anyone who wants to add it!

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Very nicely done! What gloss did you use? Thinking of PD my wheels with some black accents, but no idea what gloss/clear coat to use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the plasti dip Gloss I got from Lowes, it works great and is a great gloss to use for plastidip. I haven't used gloss spray paint over plastidip but I'd imagine its about the same thing. Im getting my wheels dipped, but im taking them to someone. Im worried they will start peeling over time and with a shop they give a 3 year warranty so it's worth the extra money to not have the headache of having to redo them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks Sweet, Is the Touch Screen a Factory Installed system or did you do it your Self? Im curious because im thinking of upgrading my Factory installed Stereo with the upgraded version if Possible...again im a Car Nub :D Thanks if you can help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks Sweet, Is the Touch Screen a Factory Installed system or did you do it your Self? Im curious because im thinking of upgrading my Factory installed Stereo with the upgraded version if Possible...again im a Car Nub :D Thanks if you can help.
Thank you! and the Touch Screen I installed my self, i pretty much "stole" off craiglist for 150$ brand new normally $600 lol lucky me! I installed it by myself it took me about 4 hours, but I'm a perfectionist so I took my time to make sure everything looked proffsional. For my touchscreen the company is Advent and I highly recommend it if you have the money, no extra wires were needed but the install can be difficult. It's much more than just hooking up wires and bam, there are a few wires you have to run outside of the dash (GPS "antenna" and usb/aux connector, also the mic which I chose not to install). If you want it to look very neat and professional you should take it to someone. Especially for all that money.

http://www.adventproducts.com/oe-multimedia/?sku=OFOFOC1

^here is the link to mine.

Good luck to you and if you need any help with wiring/panels, just ask, I'll get back to you asap. If you don't know much about what you are doing. This kit is a good one for you. It's instructions are useful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you remove the piece around the AC controls and around the shifter??
Honestly I used this method called "Make or Break" lol. I took off the head unit and whats left is the AC panel and shifter panel. There are two screws above the AC panel, and one hidden son of a B[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* on the left side. For me I took the panel on the left side off to access it, and I did this all with a flat head by inserting it and twisting to pop it off. After I took off the 3 bolts holding the AC panel in, it's still secured in there which at that point i was clueless, but I decided to start going for the shifter panel near the bottom and sides and just kept fiddling with it and eventually popped that off.
The boot is connected to the shifter pannel so just kind of pop them apart with a tool or your hands its not hard. After that I removed the AC panel By going at the right side and again you just have to play around with it. I found no tutorials on how to do it so I kind of did it all by guessing so im sorry that im not much help but I found it's best to go in that order. Head unit, Shifter, AC. All will come apart after you take your time with it. It took me a while to finally get it. Good luck man and post pics if your painting/wrapping!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts