Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious....... I want to paint the interior black, dark gray, and silver....... I don't want to remove the dash either, too much work for me IMO, even if it would be worth it

So, is there a kind of paint that I can just brush on for the dash and door panels to save me a little work? any help greatly appreciated. actually, especially if I could just find it in a store or something.....

ooh and out of curiosity, is there somewhere I can buy a different color carpet (i.e. black) and is there a way to either dye the seats (lol that's so bad, but I thought I'd ask anyway) or get them reupholstered? cause I could use stock pattern, just black on the sides and dark gray down the middle [thumb]

·
Registered
471 Posts
To be honest don't be lazy and take it off. Go to a scrap yard and pull the parts you want to paint. That's what i did in case i screw up. You have to sand also.

Your choice, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just did some of my grey interior peices in black to better match my new RSX leather seats. Took my the afternoon to get it done. I used Dupli color vinyl paint and left the windows open for the afternoon to air out the interior because some peices were not removalbe IE. the lower portion of the dash. I don't have actual pics yet but this was the photoshop I did before I started, minus the carpet which I may change later if I find a black one (and eventually what I did).

from this

to this

I found it made the boring mundane SE interior look a little more expensive (especially with the heated RSX seats).

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
man, seriously, ive done this, and hand painting is going to be a LOT!!!!! more work than just taking the peices out. door handle inserst just pop out with a screw driver prying on them, the vents all just pop out, and the gauge cluster surround comes out with only 3 screws. then all u have to do is spray 3 or 4 coats, each coat takes less than 10 seconds to spray, then u just come back an hour later, and give it anothet 10 second spray. seriously, its the easiest thing ive ever done. and personally i think it turned out great =)

heres mine

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
...if ur gunna ask us to check it out, at least give us the decency to link it =p

oh and cagedcbr, that looks amazingly sleek and professional!!! definitely gives it a classy look. i likey =D

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man, seriously, ive done this, and hand painting is going to be a LOT!!!!! more work than just taking the peices out. door handle inserst just pop out with a screw driver prying on them, the vents all just pop out, and the gauge cluster surround comes out with only 3 screws. then all u have to do is spray 3 or 4 coats, each coat takes less than 10 seconds to spray, then u just come back an hour later, and give it anothet 10 second spray. seriously, its the easiest thing ive ever done. and personally i think it turned out great =)
awesome, looks great. but yeah......I didn't mean hand paint everything, like the vent inserts and the handles........ just like the dash. I remember seeing something like that where they just painted it and actually it was like a dye I believe. look real nice.

but to be honest though, no I don't want to skimp, just want to do it, that's all :B.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
There isn't much to paint on our interiors mike, since they already match the body color for the most part.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There isn't much to paint on our interiors mike, since they already match the body color for the most part.
and?

no really though, I'm actually basing this on our CX-7's color theme..... it has the top half of the pillars and the roof liner the tan color (like ours) and the rest is black with silver accents. I'd just incorporate a little dark gray into that, maybe. also the carpet is black. oh and the exterior is like a goldish color, kind of like ours

lol sorry if that was a bit rude :B

1 - 9 of 9 Posts