Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing a lack of EAP interiors on eBay, but a surplus of ST170 and ST225 interiors, as well as a couple of Mk 1 RS interiors, and its got me wondering. They seem to go cheaper over there, even after you convert it to USD. I guess it might have something to do with quantities being greater, but it seems to me like that might be a good way to get the Recaro seats, provided that they fit correctly in the SVT, and that shipping didn't cost a fortune. I've also noticed that it seems like the ST225 seats have more robust thigh supports on their Recaros, which I like. I'd love to hear from someone who has a european focus, maybe get some pictures and measurements of the seat brackets, or from someone who has bought some from overseas.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Shipping will be a fortune due to the large size and weight of just one seat, let alone two + the back set. However, with the going price of a good set of Recaros in the states, the ending price may be pretty close if you can get a low cost euro set shipped. Plus, you'd have some awesome and very rare seats in the states.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shipping will be a fortune due to the large size and weight of just one seat, let alone two + the back set. However, with the going price of a good set of Recaros in the states, the ending price may be pretty close if you can get a low cost euro set shipped. Plus, you'd have some awesome and very rare seats in the states.
I'm guessing that's why most of them are offered for local pickup only. Still wonder if the ST225 seat bottoms might work. Their interior as a whole is styled differently, and having their panels on the seats would look out of place, but from what I've seen of the back seats, it looks like they MIGHT have recycled the mounting brackets, maybe a little more. The ST225 also got more shapely rear seats than the ST170/SVT. Any European users that might be able to confirm, or post measurements for comparison?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You may well have an issue with the SRS. Even seat swaps among US Foci can be difficult, due to seat/SRS computer incompatibility. Good luck, and keep us up to date on your progress..

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
The best and most impressive swap that you can do is, remove your SVT interior and ship it to me and, pay for me to send you my ZX3 interior. Then install it in your SVT.

Now nobody has that!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The best and most impressive swap that you can do is, remove your SVT interior and ship it to me and, pay for me to send you my ZX3 interior. Then install it in your SVT.

Now nobody has that!!!
Wow! Such Deal! Many Value!

You're honestly welcome to it, once I figure out what I'm going to do with the innards of my car, though it has been bastardized. Someone (not me) took out the original blue inserts, and replaced them with black ones. Not crazy about it personally.

Not responsible for shipping on freebies.[:)]

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

Now nobody has that!!!
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] A thats a sweet deal[histerical]

yeah man make sure you get the SRS module for the seats you want or at least make sure the seats you get are the same year model as yours otherwise your airbag light will be lit at all times

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
yeah man make sure you get the SRS module for the seats you want or at least make sure the seats you get are the same year model as yours otherwise your airbag light will be lit at all times
To continue on this if you do get seats to swap in, a third way to turn of the airbag light is to swap the seat belts from your current car seats into the new ones.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
To continue on this if you do get seats to swap in, a third way to turn of the airbag light is to swap the seat belts from your current car seats into the new ones.
You will also need to swap the side seat air bags, and maybe the driver side seat position sensor located on the passenger side of the driver seat where it slides on the track.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
did not know these other two things thanks for adding, 02fordSVT & mainest.... I just remember I did a recaro swap in my old 2.3 04 Sedan but the Recaros came from an 04 SVT so I plugged everything up and no airbag light , I got lucky i guess I didnt have to change any modules or seatbelts at all

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thread bump! Has anyone seen non EAP seats with bolsters like these? I bet they'd be fine, and It would mean I could get closer to the original interior look, but are these a thing outside Europe and the UK? I found this image on a gallery site, and its a LHD model, but I've not seen any with them for sale on sites like cars.com or autotrader, so I wonder if they were just used for PR when the SVT was released. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Those seats pictured are regular SVT seats that came in all non-EAP models. The seat back bolstering does look exaggerated in that picture, so like you said, it may just be a promotional picture/seats.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Your making me have a want for those seats, but in red,,,,,,,

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
I've seen red and blue Recaros. I think it's a PR shot too, it has small 00-01 cupholders and the absence of a clock says that it's not Euro. I think there was a thread with a guy that had the SVT bolsters built up at a local shop.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So after some rooting, I'm beginning to suspect that we got the short end of the stick when the SVT was built. These seats do exist. In Europe, and other parts of the world. I'm seeing a good number of pictures of them from the UK, as well as the black/blue Recaros that sniper mentioned. Sets of the half leather seats with door cards are going for 150 pounds (about $157) and up, but still with no delivery to the US, likely due to cost. Might be a unique interior mod if they could be brought over here.

Attachments

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
how are those different than the standard, non Recaro SVT blue seats?

Am I missing something?

The Recaro's had more pronounced side boltering and shoulders:

I've seen red and blue Recaros. I think it's a PR shot too, it has small 00-01 cupholders and the absence of a clock says that it's not Euro. I think there was a thread with a guy that had the SVT bolsters built up at a local shop.
Do you have a picture of the red/blue Recaro's? Thought only the full black leather ones were Recaro

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
It looks like they used a real/better grade of leather and better materials to construct the seats in the rest of the world. The reason I say that is someone from the Europe posted a high res pic of his black backseat (EAP to us) and it definitely looked like it was made from real leather to me. I have an EAP and I know it's cheap vinyl back there. My front seats are pure cow, the grain, texture, feel, smell isn't even close from back to front.

"short end of the stick..."
The seats aren't even the beginning with the U.S. vs. "rest of the world" MK1. Some of the Euro features would've put Lincoln to shame back then.

Am I missing something?
Do you have a picture of the red/blue Recaro's? Thought only the full black leather ones were Recaro
They were available in Japan, a member on one of the forums had some a long time ago. I think they were even for sale.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Take a closer look at the bolstering on the non Recaro seats from overseas, and compare them to the US Spec seats.. You'll notice a considerable difference in the way the european seats are bolstered, both for the thighs and for the back and midsection. What we got in the non EAP cars were re-skinned versions of what came in the regular production cars. Damn the suspension mods. I just want a chair that will hold me tighter than my ex wife did.

Also, Blue Recaros.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts