Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have vegetable oil that has been spilled on my cloth seats. From the looks of it, a while ago. I have many feels right now. How do I clean this up and make it look like new again?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Got any pics? I used to do detailing as a side business so I can give you some insight as to how much firepower you're going to need.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got any pics? I used to do detailing as a side business so I can give you some insight as to how much firepower you're going to need.
I will post tomorrow! Thanks for the help :)

I would saw a little less than a Sq foot worth in the back seat. It's a darker black color like a stain on your shirt.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the pics. A little hard to see, even in daylight but they are definitely there... What do ya think? I read that people use baking soda often for this type of oil but I'm not sure how that would work out in a car..

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
I would start by spraying some upholstery cleaner such as Folex on it, agitate it a little bit with a brush, and then vacuum up as much as you can and pat the rest dry with paper towel. If that doesn't do it you may need to have the seat steam cleaned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts