Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off I apologize if this question is posted somewhere else. I searched and couldn't find the answers to my question directly. Anyway......

I am wanting my instrument cluster, HVAC, and window switches color changed to Bright or Hyper White instead of the pee green that they are stock. I know that the instrument cluster has to be soldered but not sure about the other ones. So my question is.......Which bulbs do I need for everything that I want to change, where can I get them, and which ones have to be soldered? By the way I have a 01 Focus ZX3. Any and all help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
759 Posts
check the how to archives.. it's all in there.. and you will be needing LEDs.. i think 3mm will cover all parts but check the archive just to make sure

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
you will need 3mm leds' and resistors for the switches 1 5mm and a bunch of 3mm's for the headlight switch, cluster is a bulb number of some kind you can find in a sticky, HVAC is tricky cuz its dipped in the green so you might have to remove some of that with a dremel...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem with the thread in the archives is that none of the links work in any of the post on that particular thread.

So the window switches are 3mm with resistors, the headlight switch is ( 1 ) 5mm bulb and a few 3mm bulbs, and the guage cluster bulb size(s) are unknown at this point as well as the HVAC......is that all correct?

By the way, thanks for the help so far!!!!

Also something real quick, can you buy clear turn signal lenses for an SVT grille?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
3mm all around like the others said. The headlight switch will be all 3mm too. I never saw a 5mm in there. The gauge cluster is #194 leds although you're going to have to expirament with that if you're going with blue. I recommend not troubling yourself with it and get gauges from Speedhut. The HVAC uses #74 but you'll have to grind out the green from behind the dials. The AC/defroster buttons use PLCC-2 leds. A little tricky to install but not impossible.

If you're going with all white, check out this thread from focaljet: http://forums.focaljet.com/interior...ts-grn-white-w-pics.html?highlight=white+hvac

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for that link. That is exactly what I needed. Time to start tearing into the focus now.

One last question......the turn signals in the grille, do the make them in clear lenses instead of amber.......I have an 01 SVT Focus ZX3

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've never seen a clear grille for the SVT, only the regular Focus. You could always tint them really dark OR get headlights that have turn signals with a regular grille that doesn't have them.

By the way, I didn't notice you had an SVT. You're going to have to swap out your gauge overlays since you have electroluminescent ones. Your 194 bulbs in the cluster are only there to light up the needles. Plus, you have those little gauges to the right. I don't think you have much of a choice than to go with Speedhut for gauges.

·
Registered
301 Posts
That focaljet link is the sickest link ever... if anyone is even considering changing their lights that link is a must! ChrisRobin, props!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
its possible the pre-05's dont have a 5mm, i know for sure ive done a few 05^'s that have 1 5mm in them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts