Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the headliner from their car? I tried over the weekend cause I've had a bad rattle coming from the passenger side. I got most of it down but I couldn't get the rear clothes hook put of the roof. Is there a trick to getting them off? I don't want to break them by just pulling. HELP PLEASE!!!! This rattle is making me nuts lol.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I've heard but I really just want to fix this. It only gets worse as the weather gets colder

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
My headliner was removed and it seems to be the same.
It was removed when the body shop fixed the dents on my roof from acorns

Is it glued on?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it's not glued on it is held on with clips. My problem is that I can't remove the clothes hangers from the rear. The are above the rear seats and I need them out to remove it :(

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen that so perhaps I will have to try that. I know people have removed it so come on someone give me a hint haha.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
you sure the rattle is coming from the pass side? I have one that sounds that way and I found out it was actually the dome light that was rattling. check that out.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i'm sure of it. i can duplicate it when i push on a certain section of the headliner. thanks for the suggestion though kipp.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its coming from between passenger side of the headliner right next to the sunroof. i think its probably the sunroof frame and rubbing something but i just cant get the whole headliner out to fully examine the roof. stupid clothes hangers.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
do you happen to see any sort of lines on them. such as a screw cover? give me a couple minutes and i'll run down and take a look at mine and see if I can figure it out.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
When you do figure it out can you post a how to, I want to recover mine.
got some cool plans for the inside.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
well i did figure it out and I can say it isn't easy and I know I didn't do it right. if you look in the center of the hook there is a hole near the top of it. pop that open and the flap will flip down (it is attached at the bottom). now this part is hard and there has to be some sort of special tool for it. in the opening under the flap there are two "tabs", one on the left and right. basically you have to take a flat tool (think flathead screwdriver but no contour) and insert horizontally. it does take two of them at the same time. they are put in horizontally one above the tabs and one below the tabs. push them in firmly but don't break it. this will seperate the metal clip that hold the bottom "arrow" end of the hook. then you just pull the hook straight out.
I would almost see if Ford has a tool to do this as it's quite possible that the metal clip will bend and not hold firmly when put back together causing the hook to sit loose in the clip when reassembled. i would have taken pics, but it's really dark and my phone doesn't have a flash.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Good info, thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts