Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[driving]

OK here I am again,

I wanna put some seats in my 05 ZX3 out of salvage.

Will the backseat from a 4 door fit in the 2 door?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'll throw in another IIRC - I think there were comments that the major difference between sedan & hatch was in latch hdwe. that can be swapped.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
I'll throw in another IIRC - I think there were comments that the major difference between sedan & hatch was in latch hdwe. that can be swapped.
I'm not fully sure on that front. I was trying to swap SVT seats into Dung1sm's zx4 sedan, and it looked like it was going to be one hell of a job to make em work. He ended up just taking the front seats.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I've seen that comment as well, wonder just how great a fit any 'successful" transfers between body types really were.

Suppose it's time to move this to MkI interior where older threads on the subject might be found...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not fully sure on that front. I was trying to swap SVT seats into Dung1sm's zx4 sedan, and it looked like it was going to be one hell of a job to make em work. He ended up just taking the front seats.
There are 2 in salvage with matching seats , 1 is a ZX3 and the other is a ZX5. Neither is a sedan. Tomorrow they have a black friday sale 1/2 off anything so at 7am I will be there with bells on to get the better of the three, whole thing is less than $60.

This little car was free, my daughter gave it to me. With the fog lights I am going to have to get new ones, no matter which salvage I find the internal reflectors are bad making the light look orange. And now that I got new tires and the half shafts changed it still has a bearing noise. Hard to identify. Most times it sounds passenger rront wit the driving and gradual turn changes but yesterday it sounded like a back one. I'm winding up the pitch to throw the checkbook at all 4 but I have no access to a press once the front spindles are out and I'm scheming other options. The haynes book describes doing them without a press
[hatchet]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
A key item to remember for the bearings, press or not, is that the force to insert them needs to be on the outer shell.

Gotta find something that will be the right size drift to accomplish that.

Luck!

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
The covers just might transfer to your existing seats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK Here they are !!

Turns out they are leather too, very dried out I'm going to have to seriously repeat treat them before I can put them in, they are also heated but I don't think I'm going after the other console and wiring harness......But hey seats and a new tail light $66

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The covers just might transfer to your existing seats.

The foam was broke down on the sides before I got the car, I already took off the covers once and tried to duct tape the foam sections back in place, was good for a few days but a futile attempt

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If the "new" seats are from an '05, you should be all set. If not, you will, at the very least, need to use the seat belt buckles from your '05. If your car came with side seat air bags, and the donor car did not, or was not an '05, you will need to swap the air bags from your '05 seats into the "new" seats. Also, my '05 ST had a weight sensing pad in the passenger side seat (bottom) which activated the passenger side front air bag. I used the '05 seat bottom with the seat back and seat cover from the '03 seats I swapped in.
From the photos above, it appears that the rear seats came from a hatch rather than a sedan, so they should bolt right in. Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The heater is the only difference, but I would warn anybofy not to trust the haynes manul, 4 bolts my a$$. And one only needed to undo the seat bracket bolts to get the seats out, then you have access to the "4" bolts LOL. I brought the brackets but I won't need them. It's a straight bolt in.
I went to an old cowboy with the leather restoration ( my 85 yr old dad ) he pointed mt to a saddle soap brand to bring them back before I start using maintenance conditioners. I got em soaked down now [twothumbs][twothumbs]

Maybe Sunday or Monday I'll have some before and after pics

1 - 15 of 15 Posts