Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Satin

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im painting my interior trim and some other things on the interior. Ive really hit an impass. I cant decide what type of clear coat to use. I was originally planning to use just a gloss clear but on the radio bezel(01) it just seems too shiny. My next reaction was the other extreme and I was thinking Satin but when I look at my nonclear coated parts, satin seems much too dull. I was thinking of looking for a semi gloss clear that wouldnt have a problem with the laquer based paint Ive been using. What finish do you guys have on ur interior and does anyone know who makes a semi gloss clear coat?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I say 'satin' as gloss doesn't really go well with the rest of the 'un glossy' interior. The 'satin' look will flow way better as far as the interior go and give it more of a 'factory' look, not a 'hey I painted my interior' look........

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would say gloss would be out of place as well and would be really noticeable as a custom paint job. As S2 said Satin will give it a better factory look and would flow well with the focus interior.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
Satin.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Definetly gloss, if I wanted a subtle, bland interior I would have left it stock. Go for something bright that jumps out at ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts