Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I hit my keyless entry to unlock the doors the headlights do not always come on. I have tried pulling the lever back on the column and have gotten the chime before and the lights will come on then, but the next time I hit the button to unlock the car they don't come on. It's dark in the mornings, I would like my headlights to come on when I hit the unlock button.

Also there is a similar thing with the dome lights. They don't always come on when I open the doors or unlock the car. I know the light turns on on the button to show when I have manually turned this off. But that is not the case, they should (according to the owners manual) be set to come on when I open the doors.

I have read through the manual a few times and I'm not finding any rhyme or reason as to what is going on. I just want my lights on when I hit the unlock on the keyless entry and when I open my doors. Am I missing something? It's a 2013 SE model

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII Focus section.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
They headlights will never come on when you unlock the car. That isn't a feature. However, they will stay on after turning the car off if they are in AUTO mode. The timing for this can be changed in the menus on the IPC.

The domelight problem is an issue with 2012s and some 2013 model years. I had the same issue with mine.

TSB 13-06-06 fixes this.

Copy of the TSB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts