Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever modded a Temp and Direction display into the interior in their car like the new cars has in them? I think this will be my first mod when I get my Focus on Wednesday.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Well congrats on picking up a focus, and welcome to FF.

I've never seen anyone with a compass or temp gauge mounted before. I used to have a little digital one that mounted to my windshield from the inside. It was about 50 bucks and I loved it (until it got stolen along with everything else).

If you do it, make sure to take pics and show us what you did fo sho!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The first mod I did on my ZX5 was to install an auto-dimming compass mirror [came off a junk-yard Sentra). This same mirror can be gotten with a temperature display and a compass. Fortunately I was able to use the stock Focus mount on the windshield. If you buy one new, they're not cheap however, but they work nice.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i have a Gentex rear view with auto-dim/homelink/compass. love the garage door opener!

^^^two minutes too late! that's what i have installed!

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I plan to install one as well. They can be had through Ford or you can probably pm FORDSVTPARTS if he can get them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first mod I did on my ZX5 was to install an auto-dimming compass mirror [came off a junk-yard Sentra). This same mirror can be gotten with a temperature display and a compass. Fortunately I was able to use the stock Focus mount on the windshield. If you buy one new, they're not cheap however, but they work nice.

Can this one be re-calibrated? I am thinking of modding one from an explorer overhead console into my dash some where possibly near the hazard button/switch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts