Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start to how this all began...it was a sunny but brisk day in the residential neighborhood of graniteville SI, NY...I started hearing a lil wobbling noise, thought it was brakes so I decided to swap out to new rotors and pads...while there I noticed that my PAX side axle boot was torn (NICE!). I changed the freaking axle and then proceeded to change the driver's side rotor and swap to my winter tire/wheel combo...drove the car to work the next day, parked, returned and it looked like the car was leaning towards the pax side...I thought low tires but looked and the car was just leaning that way...you cant feel any diff in the ride but when you look at it it is obviously leaning...the suspension has less than 10K miles on it and it def. didnt do that until i worked on the brakes and axle.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Check your "pax" side springs. Especially deep in the lower arm in the rear. What on the suspension was replaced 10k ago?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
anyone, anyone, bueller, bueller?
Hey Juan, ^^^ that's funny !!
Only thing I can think of is a bad / broken spring.
How much lean are we talkin. Is it at the front or rear more. Obviously, something broke or came loose. But if you can't feel the difference. I sure would look for lose parts.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
havent taken a good look at it yet as it has been pouring out hea. O.K the lean is even on front and rear and it looks to be 1 full inch lower than the driver's side...to tell ya da truth it looks better and I wish I had that drop all the way around but I know it isnt right...it will stop raining the day after tomorrrow and I may have the time to go out there and screw around with it but keep the ideas coming guys...I'm thinking one coil from the spring got caught on something but wth is the chances of that happening? my neighbor (former mechanic) has it in his head that I need a wheel alignment but I cant understand why that would make my car lean an inch one way or another.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I dont think , even at full camber or caster that it would cause a full inch of lowering. But it couldnt hurt to check...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, i dont think so either...still freaking raining. I cant wait to see wth this issue is. fyi when i took off the rear driver's side wheel to replace it with winter set I noticed it was completely worn on the inside and not at all on the outside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts