Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yup, this is the start of a beautiful PLOG. perhaps it will even be detailed enough to be a how-to for the rest of you out there.

I will soon be the owner of the 4th focus that is known to have the 2.5L V6, and the 2nd(IIRC) that has the SVT Contour one!

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
totally, i just gotta get good at drivin a stick. i kno a guy who'll let me drive his.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
*bump*

so yeah so far i have:
a tranny,
a garage to work in,
plenty of people to help.

i still need:
the SVT Contour engine,
the ECU,
wiring harnesses,
and various assorted parts.

im thinking about just getting an SVT Contour block and building the engine up myself. while im in there i could bore and stroke and port and polish if i want. i'll see whats possible.

i'll keep everyone updated!

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
well i found an engine in a junkyard today. shes got 76k on her, and was involved in a roll over, so i kno the engines good.
heres some pics....

"she may not look like much, but shes got it where it counts"

the powered by SVT sticker fell off lol. but yeah, i got my tranny, its shipping out today. this baby's getting some POWER!!!!

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
Mwah HA HA HA HA this is gunna be awsome ur lucky as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well except for the explosion in the first place

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
good point, but im working with what i got.
i should take the Zetec crew number out of my signature when i pull the engine later this week.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
check this shit out.
stock SVT Contour

mind you i'll be running a custom intake and exhaust.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
you kno what we didn't have?
a stock zetec dyno plot to show the obvious benefits of the V6.

so here it is:

there, now all the info is up for all to see. im so excited!

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
well it's really a matter of figuring out how to disconnect the AC condenser and stuff. then we gotta get the old Zetec out and all the associated shift shit inside. mind you, all the parts that are good are going to be sold for very decent prices, and im not gonna gouge you on shipping. feel free to PM me if there's anything you need. i'd be willing to let the whole ATX tranny go for $1,000 with all the assorted extras (tranny cooler, controller, etc.) add shipping if you're not close enough to come pick it up.

·
Registered
542 Posts
wow....115 to mid-high 150's....not a bad jump stock...

·
Registered
33 Posts
And one of the guys will be bending a custom exhaust, very free flowing :) That will add a little breathing room for Mr. V6

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
where do you suggest that would be? idk where it should go but i agree it needs to have a new thread open that's just the PLog.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
And so it shall be done.
i'll reference this thread over there, cause there ain't no way im copyin all that stuff.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts