Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i was wondering can i use any type of front mount intercooler when i get my kit? and if so, has anyone used the intercooler, GodSpeed??

is so, please put ur input!

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
there not the best quality try cxracing.com there alot better

·
Registered
132 Posts
i don't think a intercooler is much of a concern. just remember the bigger the intercooler the more lag .... the most important to me in the turbo and tune < so just worry about that [neener]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i was lookin at cxracing.com and i was considering....

Core Size 20"x8"x3.5", Overall Size 30"x8"x3.5", 2.5" Inlet & Outlet, 3.5" Thickness Core
priced at 149 before shipping.

---OR---

core size 22"x8"x3.5", overall size 28"x8"x3.5", 2.5" inlet & outlet, 3.5" thickness core
priced at 163 before shipping.

--------

Am i thinking to big?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
you dont need a 3.5 core just a 3in core will work better

·
Registered
55 Posts
Also, you don't need it 8 inches tall.
It's a lot easier to fit a 6 inch under the bumper without the intercooler hanging down too low.
Your IAT temps will be quite low with this size intercooler.
A good example is this with a 2.5 inch core:
http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=AU-IC0036&Category_Code=IC25CO

Remember, the Procharger kit comes with a small undermount intercooler, its nowhere near as effective as this unit sitting at the front of your car.
Oh, trim the outer bungs off the top and leave the center one in place.
Make an "L" out of some metal (whatever you can find thats reasonably strong) and attach the center bung to your bumper.
Then use some brackets to attach the 3 bungs underneath to the bottom of the radiator support.
It'll be rock solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k all i need now is injectors and a tune.... tom can do my tune, injectors... do i really need 60lbs? is that to much? or perfect?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm using 42 pound injectors on my zx3 just fine.
If you're thinking even remotely about going turbo later or to look for bigger numbers than what the 10 pound pulley will give you get 60's.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well im prob not gunna go bigger until i get mroe funds, and lets hopes it not counting on CC funds. so 42?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't help with that one, my kit came with the green top 42#'ers and I'm not too familiar with different brands of injectors. By reading the listing, they "seem" ok to me, but thats not saying much...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i know, i might just save up and wait to to get siemans 60lbs, mcnews is having a sake on them, 45 a peice, 180 for all 4

1 - 18 of 18 Posts