Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Tom give me the go. Im going put on a procharger kit. Issue, is my compression is 10.5:1.
Tom said he can tune for it, but i doubt that intercooler can handle track time. sould i pipe in a bigger intercooler, or just use meth/water injection. or a small shot of nitrous in the intercooler?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Why couldnt the IC handle track time? It does a good job of cooling and running it at the track shouldnt be a problem. A FMIC would be better though. I dont know who you are getting the PC from, but if youre looking at a new one, you can get the kit any way you want it. They are ordered per application and car and can be ordered with or without any pieces you want such as that intercooler.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I say go with the nitrous and get a little extra power in the mean time LOL [}:)]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
venomfocus said:
...... procharger kit. .....compression is 10.5:1.
Tom said he can tune for it, but i doubt that intercooler can handle track time.
You dont need intercooler cooling........

I'm running... Turbo.... 10.25:1..... 19psi...... 93 octane pumpgas... 341whp..... ran GREAT last year at VIR... 30 minute heats..... until I blew the intake manifold apart.. and Tom tuned it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks, my that was my major concern. running hi boost and hi compression. the IC looks so small plus its facing the ground. thanks for the info b16. i dont wanna over look something that can cause me hurting my engine.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
You could always change the piping and mount the IC in the bumper.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i got my 8 lbs procharger kit from b16sir1991 (great service!!). my i/c is a little low to the ground but it does what it's suppose to. i haven't had any problems with it either. i don't know why eveyone talks about the i/c placement. i live in utah and the driveways here are insane to get into or out of and i have very very little scraping.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Thanks Richard, i appreciate the compliments. The system that they have works very well. A FMIC would be better, but the stock IC they supply, would do just fine.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i can do that too. is there enought room to do that? Im only going off pictures

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Sure, all us turbo guys run front mounts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts