Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hope i have this in the right place but i was wondering if adding an intercooler and piping it into my cold air intake if there would be any performance increases or not if there is more restriction. i was wanting to hook up an intercooler up to my cold air intake and run the filter on the other side of the car(passenger's side). i plan on installing a turbo in the next year or two. i just want it for looks now becuase i love how they look through the mesh on the svt bumper. just wondering if i would get any increased in performance from the cooler air or am i just adding more restriction on the intake system.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The main reason an intercooler is added to boosted systems is because raising the PSI also increases the incoming air's temperature.
I don't think you can get cooler than the ambient air you are already getting with CAI (and I'm assuming you have the long pipe that pulls air from the bottom of the car)

So might as well save the $$$for the real deal

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just mainly wanted it for looks now lol. i am not the one that wants to go around and pretend i have a turbo, if i did i would have purchased hte turbonator already[:D]. i plan on getting the turbo kit down the road in a year or two so i wasn't looking to gain any hp/tq to the wheels with just the ic alone. just wanted to know if it would put more restriction on the intake system?

·
Registered
714 Posts
My guess is yes it will. Reason: Air has to move throught cooling vanes. With boost it's pushed though. with CAI it will have to be sucked...pun intended

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe i'll still mount one and cap both ends of it [:)~] [:D]

lol kidding.
thanks for your reponses though. just wnated another opinion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts